2

I woke up before Maliah did. We were in a spooning position which made me pretty happy. I was holding her close while her butt was pushed into my hips. I didn't want to move, but my body was becoming cramped.

My Mom had called so I had to pick up my phone so Maliah wouldn't wake up. She woke up like five minutes later, but it was whatever. We ordered pizza and finished it faster than anything. Now we're sitting in the living room watching cartoons.

Her legs are crossed. I took off my jeans and put on some red pajama pants of hers that she lent me.

"So, how was homework last night?" I asked staring at the TV.

"It was okay. Pretty straight forward." She answered.

I smirked, "What'd you do after?"

"I was just awake. What about you?"

"I fell asleep, but I uh ... had a weird dream. Broke my sleep." I said having small flashbacks.

"Are you spending the night?"

I shrugged, "You want me too?"

"Yeah I kinda don't want to be alone here another night. I get a little restless."

I nodded, thinking about cuddling with Maliah an entire night, "I'll stay, freckles."

"I have more of your boxers here so don't worry about underwear." She said.

I looked over at her and maybe after three seconds she looked back at me. Those gorgeous grey eyes bool into my blue ones. When I look at her I see what I want in life. I see my future, but the crushing reality comes back and smashes my heart in, reminding me that will never happen.

"What's wrong?" She asked quietly.

I shook my head slightly, "Nothing. Just thinking. While staring at you."

"What are you thinking about?"

I shrugged, "You. Among other things."

"I think about you a lot too." She said.

I smiled, "Yeah, but I feel like you worry more than you plaintively think about me."

"That's because you're reckless as shit." She said dryly.

"I'm not reckless. Not anymore. Not after that one time you started crying because you thought I was gonna die and shit." I argued.

"You were very close to giving me a heart attack. You're lucky I didn't kill you myself."

"Oh please," I laughed. "You can't fight for shit."

She gets up on her knees and leans over me. I grab her wrists and break into an uncontrollable laugh. Whenever she tries to be tough it cracks me up. Maliah has always tried to over power me physically and it never works.

She struggled against my hold, "You jerk! Let me hit you then!"

I laughed, "That's not how you win a fight for sure!"

She manages to straddle me. Now I can't do much because she has the height advantage big time. I feel her breaking out of my hold. She starts giggling causing me to laugh even more.