38

Maliah placed the star on top of the Christmas tree. I had a nice view of her ass while making sure the stool didn't collapse on her. She's such a wuss, it's cute.

"I got it!" She shouted.

"Awesome girls!" Jane replied. "The tree looks so good. Santa will be pleased."

I scoffed, "We're still playing the whole Santa thing seventeen years later? Almost eighteen?"

Maliah stepped down and said, "Better stop talking crap or Santa's gonna put you on his naughty list."

I mumbled a sly remark, "I'm already there."

Maliah winked at me and stepped back a bit to see the tree. I took a spot next to the two women in awe. The tree is covered in green and red ornament balls and rainbow colored lights. The bright star at the top is just a little crooked but that's probably cause the fake stems are old now. We've had this tree since I can remember.

"Wonder when these presents are gonna start popping up." I said.

Mom laughed, "Me too."

Maliah folded her arms, "Santa already dropped some by for me. Hah."

"Well your Santa is super rich."

Maliah stuck her tongue out at me. I smirked. Me and her have definitely sparked the spark again. Everything is smooth between us. We're finally hitting Christmas break so school has slowed down a lot, for now. Everyone can relax for a bit.

Jane clicked her tongue, "I don't think you ever told Santa what you wanted."

I clapped my hands, "Well shit lets get that list going I got a few things I'd love."

"Language, Jax." Jane said dryly.

"Yeah, Jax. Language," Maliah mocked. "Santa doesn't appreciate potty mouthed teenagers."

I rolled my eyes, "Don't you have a home to go to?"

She laughed, "Oh hush you love when I'm here."

My Mom walked back to the kitchen smiling, "Young love at its finest."

"Young love?" I repeated and sank down into the couch by the tree. "More like young irritation."

Maliah followed after me, sitting down and curling up next to me. The fireplace is lit up for once. I remember the fireplace being our old family's place to sit in front of and just watch a movie or even talk sometimes. The fireplace was something special ... at least to me. It hurts to stare into the flames feeling like half of my family was tossed in there. To burn.

Maliah's hair tickles my neck. She moves into me more, picking up her legs.

Maliah whispered, "It's been a while ..."

Maliah was around when the fireplace was used. She knows herself how much this little area means to me ... and my Mom.

"Yeah." I responded.

Maliah looked up at me. I looked back into her eyes. I already know what they're asking - the questions behind them. Are you okay? How do you feel about this? It's okay if you feel upset and angry. You don't have to act like none of this bothers you. I love you.

"I love you." I said quietly.

Her lips pecked the side of my mouth. I wish my Mom wasn't ten feet away behind us so I could give her a real kiss without feeling awkward.

She smiled afterward, "I love you too. You okay?"

I replied back quietly, "I'm not really sure how I feel, I guess. This feels new ... mostly cuz' it is and it isn't at the same time."