36

Maliah's head was in her hands for most of the time as we sat at her kitchen table with her Mom and Dad across from us.

I didn't mind talking to Judy, but Brian? Brian Coewitz? The prick whose responsible for touching his underage daughter? The one whose caused her probably the most anxiety and problems? I want to reach over and strangle him by his fancy white stupid henley shirt then tell his wife that she can do way better.

"So ... Honey ... is there anything you'd like to tell us? In this case, explain?" Mrs. C said to Maliah.

Maliah hasn't budged and she doesn't bother to answer her Mom. It's almost like she's been caught in a state of permanent shock, embarrassment and annoyance. I don't know if I should be worried or not.

I cleared my throat, "Freckles?"

She lifted her head and shrugged, "What is it that I'm supposed to tell you guys. I mean, really."

Fuck face McGee folded his hands on the table and leaned forward a little to stare at Maliah nice and hard, a little to fucking hard for my liking, "Well you've been caught ... kissing Jax? Your best friend. Is this something you kids do now a days or?"

"Brian." Mrs. C said sharply.

He corrected himself, "Uh, what I mean is, are you guys dating?"

"No." Maliah said in a very dead tone.

I mumbled to add extra input, "No, we're not dating."

Mrs. C made an expression that can only mean she's not convinced at all, "Mhm. So ... what's the kissing on the lips about?

Well that's a bit of a long story.

Maliah sighed, "Does it actually matter?"

"If you're kissing anyone it matters. Your life and what you do while living under this roof matters. To both of us." Fuck face said. So now he wants to act like a father and not a creep.

Mrs. C spoke, "Sweetheart we're just trying to understand where your mind is at right now and what's going on. You've been stressed lately and not yourself. I walk outside to you and Jax kissing like you've been together for years. I'm sorry if this is awkward, but ... you have to fill us in."

Maliah got angrier, "I'm not ready to fill anyone in, to be honest! I'm not ready for this conversation! I'm not ready to sit and here and attempt to label what Jax and I are or my sexuality! I'm not ready to answer questions I don't even have the answers too myself!"

Maliah got up fast and pushed her chair away from her. She rushed out of the kitchen and to her room.

Way to leave me hanging, freckles.

"That went well." Fuck face said sarcastically.

My eyes met Judy's.

"I'm sorry," She said. "I just need to know what's going on."

I sighed, "Maliah and I just got back on good terms about two weeks ago Mrs. C ... I don't really know what's going on either. We're really not dating or anything though."

"How long has that been going on then?" She asked confused.

I shrugged, not really knowing if I should open my mouth or not, "I'm gonna be honest, it's probably not best to hear this from me. I don't feel comfortable saying anything especially if Maliah isn't next to me. We weren't on good terms for a while so I'm almost just as out of the loop as you guys are. If you're going to get any info ... it's gonna come from her."