22

This weekend was probably one of the weirdest weekends I have ever experienced besides the weekend that Harry died. The weekend that Harry died everything in the house went silent. It was awkward because somebody had died in the room next to mine, but most importantly he was my little brother.

I said my last words to him like everybody else. I told him that I loved him and that he wasn't going to be in anymore pain after he closed eyes. I also told him that I hope to see him someday again. I didn't cry. I didn't scream or yell when he flat lined, instead I took a deep breath and accepted the fate of my family.

I was relieved that he wasn't in pain anymore. Seeing a kid that young in pain, it changes you. It opens your eyes to what the world really is.

My Mom couldn't stop crying and Eric just went to his favorite bar and didn't even bother to come home some nights. It was nice that he wasn't around as much during that time. I'd much rather deal with my Mom crying than him around. Things probably would've been worse if his fat ass was around.

But I say this weekend was weird because my parents were very pissed off about the vandalism on the front of the house, but surprisingly enough they didn't bother me about it. They didn't question me and they didn't question Maliah. Instead they called up some painters and they fixed the front of the house like nothing ever happened. Maliah and I was sure to snap pictures before they did though.

They didn't bother us the entire weekend. It was just weird to have a weekend where it was peaceful in my house, where they simply continued to act like I don't exist.

The only time I'm in peace is when I'm in Maliah's place, but now that's more of a danger zone than mine.

Her parents are home. Maliah's attitude immediately transformed into something that I can't even describe. She's jumpy and uptight. I'm pretty sure a million thoughts are running through her head too.

"Hey ... did you get enough sleep?" I asked her, gently bumping my hand against hers.

We're at our lockers, waiting for the bell to ring.

She sighed and shook her head, "Not really."

"Wanna come over my place? After school?"

She moves into me and wraps her arms around my sides. I return the favor and kiss her head. I'm taking that as a yes.

"Can we have a nap date?" She mumbled against my chest.

"We can definitely have a nap date. Only if you promise to talk."

She sighed, "You know what's wrong already."

"Just making sure that I do and its not something different."

Someone slightly bumps me, making my book bag shift a little. I turn my head to the right. Of course, it's Hielee.

"Must be nice," She said cooly. "Real nice."

Before I can say anything back, she turns away, giving me a nice view of her ass in grey tights. Maybe I'm just better off never talking to her again. I know I shouldn't have tried to lie, but I had good reasons.

"She hates you." Maliah said.

I rolled my eyes, "Thanks captain obvious."

Maliah finally pulls away from me and leans against her locker. She has on a black sweatshirt of mine and her favorite grey jeans. Even before our feelings were established, my clothes were already being taken. You definitely don't need to have a girlfriend to get your clothes robbed. But she does look good in them so ... can't complain.