Epilogue

"Freckles!" I called.

"Yeah!?" Maliah shouted back from her new office. I could barely hear her, but the echo around the house is still fresh since we haven't moved any furniture in.

I smiled, "These pantry's are huge! Can't wait to stuff a shit load of snacks in here!"

I heard Maliah's sneakers squeaking from a distance and her slight laughter. Soon she was walking around the kitchen with me, eyeing every counter, cabinet and detail of the granite.

She sighed happily, "It's beautiful. I freakin' love it already."

Slight panic rose in my chest, "Yeah. Can't believe we can afford this. Didn't think fresh out of college would get us living like this so fast. Didn't even think we'd be this successful."

Maliah walked to me and grabbed my hands. She looks up at me and gives me a smile. I smile back a little, still taking the time to appreciate her light freckles and soft grey eyes six years later. It's never gotten old. It never will.

"All those internships had to get me somewhere. We'll be alright. I promise. And you know if things don't fall through I'll get the help from -"

"Yeah that's the thing Maliah," I cut her off. "I don't want to ask them or anyone. I'll have to get a job to help you. Something more than just disability checks."

"No," She said. "I already said you're not working. We'll be fine. I have a good feeling about this."

I lean in and kiss her forehead. I have to have confidence. She's right; we'll do well here. I'm just afraid people won't need a psychologist as often as these bills are gonna pile up. Especially if they're like me: doesn't like to talk to anyone in general. Maliah's field isn't an easy field to just get big in.

What if she doesn't make enough money? I can't just sit on my ass in this big ass house. I don't want too. And what if she purposely doesn't tell me she's struggling just so she won't stress me out? I know Maliah wants to keep me safe and relaxed, but ... houses like these are expensive. Its not like we'll be paying just one bill.

She spoke, "Where'd you go? Come back to me."

I sighed, "Sorry. Just ... thinking."

"Don't," She said cupping my face. "Don't stress. Please. We'll be more than okay."

"Okay, I won't."

"Good," Her hands dropped and gripped my jeans. "Now I think we should ... break the house in? Yes? Maybe relax a little before we have to do some heavy lifting and sorting? I recommend something very physical to take your mind off of things ..."

I saw the seductive glint in her eyes and smirked. We both know the trucks won't be here till' later cause of traffic. There isn't any furniture to break in, but that's never stopped us before.

I wrapped my arms around her lower back and dipped to her ass, "Counter?"

She pecked along my jaw, "Wouldn't be the first time."

I grip her butt, enjoying her new put on weight here, "You know I didn't think you'd have this energy after everything we been through this week."

She kissed my neck, "I have more than enough energy for you, darling. Plus we deserve a destressor. "

I sighed softly, still giving all my attention to her backside. Maliah's ass and thighs have always been a place of interest for me, but ever since she started working out and putting on healthy weight, it drives me nuts. I can't resist often. And there's nothing I love more than putting my head between her milky warm thighs.