15

Maliah lightly snores against my face. As uncomfortable as this sounds, its actually pretty cute. We've been in this position for a little while now. I've been staring up at her ceiling for the duration. I'm still reeling from what she told me earlier. The crying didn't stop. She basically cried herself to sleep.

We ordered pizza, but I could barely eat it. She ate about three slices though, so I'm happy about that.

My heart is heavy in my chest. When you live with someone who sexually harasses you, what do you do? Who do you tell, especially with all the problems it'll cause. I don't understand how you get turned on in the slightest by your own kid. What makes people so fucked up?

Now I know why she can careless when her parents are gone. Everything clicked together instantly. If anything, she wants them gone all the time. Especially that piece of shit.

I wonder how she's remained so together this entire time. And I'm doing nothing, but stressing her out even more. She's busy yelling at me about school, meanwhile her sperm donor is trying to get in her pants. Maliah really is something else. So selfless and caring.

I already told her I plan to do everything in my power to keep her safe. If that means always being around, I'll do that. She's also going to come over my place more often. Its a win-win. My parents will leave me alone, Maliah will be safe. She won't have to worry.

I can't go to school tomorrow. I mean I can ... and risk being seen by Laurie. I'm assuming that my teachers will know I'm not supposed to be in school either. What a perfect time to get suspended. I'm actually anxious now even though there's nothing I'm really missing in school.

Maliah moves her head slightly. I try and adjust myself, but I'm afraid if I move too much she'll wake up. She needs rest. A whole nights worth. I guess I should try and sleep too.

**

I wake up to see Maliah typing away on her desktop. I can tell its super early just by the way my body feels right now. Maliah is in jeans and a ... white bra? Well this is a great way to start the morning.

I yawned, "Hey freckles."

She looks over at me and smiles, "Good morning."

"How did you sleep?" I asked stretching slightly.

"Like a baby actually."

I smiled, "Yeah because you were snoring in my face the entire night."

She shrugged, "You're my certified body pillow. What can I say?"

"Its my turn then."

"Yeah, no," She shook her head. "You're heavy and your breath stinks."

I scoffed, "Offense taken."

She smiled again, turning back around to face her desktop screen.

"You going to school right?" I asked.

"Yes, Hayden is picking me up."

And just like that I'm bitter and jealous. You know, I was almost forgetting that he even existed. I guess she really does like him.

"How sweet." I responded dryly, looking away from her and up at the ceiling.

She sighed, "You know, you haven't given him a chance. He's a really good guy."

"I'll take your word for it."

"How's Hielee?"

I kinda almost forgot about her too, leave it up to Maliah to just remind me of shit, "I assume she's alright. She always says how she doesn't have anything going on in her life. Guess that's a good thing."