Chapter 1

Nick's POV

I moved to Nashville to take a break and get away from the City I knew that the guys didn't really understand it but I knew that I needed this and that's what mattered, for now I had a lot of boxes to move in all of the larger furniture had been delivered weeks earlier so this was my second time being in the house. I get out of my car and let Nacho out so he can run around for a bit while I start unloading the boxes from my car I get half way done when I hear Nacho start barking I leave the box in my car then walk over to the yard and see Nacho with another dog that looks like some sort of German Shepherd I walk over and the other dog greets me with a wagging tail and a lick on the hand at least he was friendly. I give him a scratch on the ears "Hey there big guy what's your name? I see you like my pal over there." I dig out some chew toys and leave the two of them to play and go back to unloading the boxes out of my car.

Mallory's POV

I walk through the house and check in every room for my sable German Shepherd and he's not in the house I walk back through the house then step outside onto my porch to see if he's in the yard and he's not "Mac?" I look up and see him across the street playing with a pug then I notice a guy getting boxes out of his car looks like I was getting a new neighbor I take a deep breath step off the porch walk across the street then walk into the yard Mac notices my arrival and lets out a bark that catches the attention of the guy moving in. Mac walk over and sits next to me I look up as the guy moving in puts a box on the porch he walks over to me and smiles he was good looking, blonde hair, and blue eyes. I look at him then look at Mac by my feet "I'm sorry if he bothered you or anything he gets excited there aren't many dogs in the neighborhood." He smiles again "Not a problem Nacho likes making friends." I look at the pug that must be Nacho then I look back at the guy standing in front of me "Would you like some help?" He nods "That would be nice thank you." "You're welcome I'm Mallory and this is Mac." He smiles for the third time "Nice to meet you both I'm Nick Carter." I couldn't believe it Nick Carter was my neighbor.

" I couldn't believe it Nick Carter was my neighbor

Nick's POV

I decide to make small talk and get to know Mallory a little bit while she's helping me unload my boxes I look at her "So what kind of music do you like?" She puts the box down and pulls her long brown hair into a pony tail "A little bit of everything really 80's rock, Elvis Presley, songs from Glee, a few boybands and movie soundtracks." I nod then gently elbow her in the side. "You wouldn't happen to listen to our songs would you?" She smiles for the first time since she walked in my yard "I might have a few of them that I listen to." I laugh then she looks over at me "So what brings you to Nashville?" I sit down on the steps and she walks over and sits down next to me then I answer her question "I just needed a break and wanted to get away for a little while." She nods "That's understandable." Finally, someone who understands why she picks up a ball that Nacho drops in front of her then she tosses it for him to go get I tell her about touring then we finish unloading my boxes and taking them inside the house I turn and look at her. "Thank you for the help." "Your welcome come on Mac let's go." Her dog walks over and they walk across the street I watch her leave and I wish I had asked her to stay.

Mallory's POV

I walk in my house shut the door then prop against it and take a deep breath today had been an interesting day I couldn't believe that Nick Carter was my neighbor I could tell that he was a really nice guy even though I only helped unload boxes I enjoyed spending time with him. I liked sitting and talking to him I get off the door, feed Mac, shower and change clothes then walk into the kitchen just as I start my search for something to eat I hear knocking on my door I walk out of the kitchen and go open the door and when I open it I'm surprised to see Nick standing there. "Hi Nick what's up?" "Hey uh I ordered pizza and since you helped me move my stuff in I thought I would invite you over?" He scratches his neck for some reason Nick was really nervous about something. "Sure I love Pizza." "Great you can walk back with me if you want?" I nod and step outside then shut the door behind me and walk across the street with Nick it was late evening the sun was setting it was the perfect ending to another hot summer day here in Nashville and I was happy with the fact I was out of the house and had someone to spend time with.

Author's Note: So here I am with a whole brand new story I have a really good feeling about this and I couldn't wait to start posting it. This is my very first Nick Carter story so I hope all of you like this don't forget to vote and comment I would love to get feedback