Chapter 8

Nick's POV

I get a call from Kevin letting me know that in a few days we would all meet in LA at the end of this week to talk business and discuss our future tour that would start in a few months. I wasn't ready to go back to that life yet I loved being here in Nashville it was really starting to feel like home to me it was a large city but it wasn't huge like LA plus I wasn't being mobbed by fans whenever I went out. The neighborhood I lived in was nice there wasn't loud music from clubs or sirens all night plus I was getting to see Mallory every day we had our second date coming up soon I wanted to see what we could turn into and if there was a chance we could actually be something one day. I was just learning what it felt like to be normal again I wasn't ready to go back to being a popstar plus I was afraid of what might happen between me and Mallory once I left because I knew that she could always find someone else I just really hoped that she wouldn't no matter how selfish it sounded.

A FEW DAYS LATER

Kevin's POV

We had all gathered in La and we were discussing everything that needed to be done for our tour that started in a few months and there was a lot to do. We needed to group together go over song talk about the dance rehearsals and when those would need to start it would take up a lot of everyone's time so it would be better if we were all in one place to practice instead of flying to Atlanta one week, LA, another and Nashville too. For now, until the tour started we all needed to stay here in LA it's brought up and discussed we all agree that it would be best for Brian and Nick to be here in LA with us until the tour starts I see a look cross Nick's face as he walks out of the room it was one I had seen before. I knew this wasn't going to be easy for him but we all made our relationships work so Nick could too if he worked hard and made the effort. He had mentioned he was dating someone and with him being this upset I could tell he really liked her maybe if we talked about it Nick could bring her with him.

Brian's POV

I follow Nick outside we had been best friends for years so I could tell that there was something wrong with him he was hardly ever quiet and serious but now he was. I walk over to him "Everything okay Frack?" He sighs then turns around and looks at me "I don't want to move back here Brian I'm not ready to do this again." This was a first for Nick he loved the stage, performing and the fans. "Does the girl have anything to do with this?" When I ask him that something changes in Nick "She's not just a girl her name is Mallory she's amazing she doesn't care that I'm a backstreet boy she cares about me. She understands me, she listens to me we both love dogs we are supposed to go on our second date soon I wasn't looking for a relationship but I found her I need this girl Brian she's different I fell for her fast I really like her." I take in everything that Nick just said then look at him and I realize something. It wasn't that Nick liked her it was a lot more than that in the short amount of time Nick had known her he had already fell in love with her that's what was bothering him.

Mallory's POV

I feed Nacho and Mac then I go sit outside I sigh mine and Nick's second date was soon I was really looking forward to it. He was coming back tomorrow the last few days had been really long without him Nacho had been having a blast playing with Mac but for me it was just too quiet for me no going out or walking with him I didn't realize how much time we had been spending together I had known Nick for just a month but I knew he was a really great guy I knew that I wanted us to turn into a relationship because I had feelings for him but could I be in love with him this soon. I sit and start twirling a bracelet around my waist while I'm thinking then I take a deep breath Nick made me happy he was always smiling and laughing I smile to myself at the thought of Nick then I realize something I didn't have to think about it because I knew it I loved Nick Carter but with us not even having our second date yet I couldn't tell him it was too soon for that.