Chapter 64

Nick's POV

I sit in the floor and play with Jack  while I'm waiting on Mal to finish getting ready it felt like this pregnancy was going by fast she was nineteen weeks today and we were going to find out if we were having a boy or girl. I helped and did everything that I could I was a huge part of this I didn't want to miss anything since I had missed the first four months with Jack, she walks in the room a few minutes later wearing a white maternity shirt and a pair of shorts she walks over to me and I stand up. She looks up at me and wraps her arms around my neck I wrap my arms around her waist then kiss her she kisses back then pulls away "ready to find out what baby number two is?" I take a deep breath then nod. "I'm excited let's go find out if Jack is going to have a brother or sister." I pick up Jack while Mal gets the diaper bag that's loaded with snacks and toys in case he got bored. We put him in the car and drive to the doctor's office.

Mallory's POV

After I sign in at the desk I sit down with Nick and Jack then we begin waiting. I knew what to expect this time and this pregnancy was a lot easier than my first one with Jack and the morning sickness wasn't as bad either I hoped that this would be a girl I loved Jack he was our little man but a daughter would be nice I knew that Nick would spoil her she would be daddy's little princess. I wasn't sure if I could handle three boys a nurse calls my name  Nick picks up Jack and we all go back to the examining room Nick sits down with Jack in his lap, I lift up my shirt and the doctor pours the gel on my stomach then turns on the screen and he starts moving the wand around. A few minutes later he turns the screen toward me and Nick I take a deep breath "Well Mr. and Mrs. Carter it looks like your second baby is going to be a baby girl." I was thrilled Nick and I were going to have a girl I couldn't wait to meet her.

Nick's POV

I was happy and excited I loved that we were going to have a little girl I couldn't wait to meet my little princess I knew that she would be beautiful just like Mallory. I was a little nervous though I wasn't sure if I would be good with a daughter Jack was great he was my little football buddy we could go to games when he was older little girls liked tea parties, dresses, makeup and things like that I didn't know anything about that I was out of my element here. I was thankful I had Mal to help me, I also had my sisters I knew they were going to be thrilled to have a niece so would Aaron I also had the other wives to get advice from Mal and I wouldn't be completely alone. We leave the doctor's office go out for lunch, take Jack to the park then go back home he starts playing with his toys with Stella at his side Mal and I sit on the couch and I start thinking to myself we needed to pick out the perfect name for our little princess.