Chapter 23

Nick's POV

I roll over and look at Mal sleeping we had five days left of the break and our first two had been spent being really lazy not that I had a problem with it not having to go anywhere or have any shows or interviews we had to do. I kiss her and she curls up closer to me she was amazing she brought out a side of me that had been hid for a really long time with her I got to be the real me not the person that the fans wanted me to be I knew there was one thing that might change how she felt about me just thinking about it scared me because I really didn't want to lose her. I wanted to tell her about my past life, the things I've done and what I've gone through I just don't know how she would take that she loved me but I wasn't proud of my past my thoughts are interrupted by Mallory's voice. "You're thinking awful hard this early in the morning." I look at her and smile "Thinking about you." She kisses me I kiss back then get on top of her and run my hands under her shirt things were going great right now so she didn't have to know anything about my past yet.

Mallory's POV

After breakfast Nick and I drive into Charleston we walk up and down the street stopping to take pictures and I'm surprised when Nick puts a few of them on twitter guess he was making it public. I wasn't much of a shopping person but Nick and I go to a few different stores I loved candles so I drag Nick into a candle store he watches while I pick up a few he laughs when I get excited and have him smell a few I buy a few candles then Nick and I leave he puts on a pair of sunglasses then reaches over and holds my hand I smile then kiss him on the cheek. It takes a lot of convincing and persuasion but Nick takes me shopping for clothes I walk around looking while Nick watches me "If you don't pick one thing I will pick something for you and buy it." I didn't want Nick to spend money on me but I didn't to make his threat real either. I settle on a strapless black dress that wasn't too formal or too casual Nick pays for it then we leave the store. I was really enjoying alone time with Nick.

 I was really enjoying alone time with Nick

Nick's POV

Nick's POV

I was really enjoying myself today I loved getting to be with Mal no guys around to make jokes or interrupt I knew that they all meant well though I stop and grab her by the waist then kiss her she kisses back and wraps her arms around my neck. We pull away then I take her hand and we keep walking I loved the normal of being able to go out and go shopping with Mallory I loved being able to have a day like this with her we walk further down the street and find a market I look down at Mallory "How about I buy a few things here then we stop at the store on our way home so I can make dinner tonight?" She nods "I'd like that." I get a few vegetables from the market then we leave and stop by a small grocery store that was close to the beach house. We go in the store together and she tries to go in a different direction but I keep her with me I pick up two steaks and a few other ingredients when I notice that Mal has disappeared she comes back later with ice cream in her hands I smile then pay for what we picked up then we leave the store to go home.

Mallory's POV

I breathe in and smell food I yawn then open my eyes and look around the room I don't remember coming inside Nick must have carried me in when we got back home I stand up and stretch walk over to the closet grab a towel then take a shower. When I get out I change then brush my hair and leave it to dry on its own I walk in the kitchen and find Nick making dinner I walk up behind him wrap my arms around his waist then lay my head against his back he turns around and looks at me with a smile on his face. "Did you have a good nap?" I laugh and nod "Sorry I fell asleep Nick." He kisses my head "Don't worry I understand." I walk over then sit down "Do you need any help?" "I've got this I'm making dinner remember?" I laugh and roll my eyes then let Nick take care of it a little while later dinner is ready we sit and talk while we are eating Mac, Stella and Nacho are close by hoping that we drop something in the floor. I had really enjoyed today with Nick he made every moment we spent together special and he made me feel special too.