Chapter 53

SIX WEEKS LATER

Mallory's POV

Today marked Jack being six weeks old and it felt like it had gone by really fast during the six weeks we had got him on a feeding and sleep schedule which really made things a lot easier. I had an exam with the doctor today to make sure that everything was going well and that my body was healing from the birth like it was supposed to there was one thing that I was nervous about I knew there was a possibility I could get cleared for sex today I wanted too but I wasn't sure about Nick wanting to start doing that again. Over the last six weeks things had changed between the two of us we slept in the same bed but touching had stopped, I get to the doctor's office then a little later I get called back for my exam. I sit and wait while everything gets checked out and I hope that I'm fully healed the doctor looks at me once he's done "No bleeding or tearing everything looks normal to me you're cleared for intercourse." I feel relief wash through me hopefully I could persuade Nick into some fun.

Nick's POV

I look up when Mallory walks in the bedroom wearing a short gray silk nightgown it looked nice on her. She walks over to me then gets in my lap she starts kissing down my neck and she runs her fingertips down my chest then goes to kiss me I turn my head away from her then roll over to where my back was facing her I hear her sigh then she lays on the other side of the bed as far away from me as possible. I needed to work my feelings out before we did that again it wasn't that I had stopped loving her because I hadn't I still loved her but her body had changed things were different now I saw her go through a lot of pain when she delivered Jack but she said it had been worth it. I was worried that there wouldn't be as much heat between the two of us or it would feel different between the two of us since her body was different I think about my feelings until I fall asleep.

Mallory's POV

Every night for two weeks I try everything I can to hopefully get Nick back into the mood again but it doesn't every I trick that I knew no longer turned him on. I take a shower that night then put on a pair of pajamas and walk down the hall to one of the spare bedrooms it was probably better if I slept in here anyway I was close to Jack in the nursery and away from Nick so he could have the bedroom to himself and not worry about me trying anything I walk in the extra bedroom turn off the light then leave the door open a bit to hear Jack when he wakes up. I walk over then get in bed I didn't think that things would change between me and Nick as much as they had I know that my body had changed but I was healed now I thought Nick would still want me things didn't change while I was pregnant but now he didn't want anything to do with me. I sigh as I lay in the bed as I curl up in a ball I feel the rejection take over me and I didn't know what to do.