Chapter 22

Howie's POV

The night before the show is one of the few times we see Nick other than rehearsals the rest of the time he's nowhere to be seen. We all look up when he walks in the dressing room with a goofy smile on his face not unusual but him humming was and he had a bounce in his step too he was in a really good mood today. Brian looks over at him "Someone is in a good mood today." Nick looks at us and he shrugs trying to play it cool "We have a show tonight." AJ looks at him "Uh huh and I'm sure a certain a girl has nothing to do with this?" Nick blushes a little bit at his comment "We got back together I told her I love her." Sounds like things were going really well for Nick. We finish getting ready then go back to stage we all gather in a group for a moment to have a huddle then we go to see the girls before the show starts we all had a good feeling about tonight the crowd was huge I could hear them already plus Nick was back to his usual self, tonight was going to be a great show.

Mallory's POV

I'm standing backstage watching the show it felt good to be with Nick again he was doing an amazing job tonight he was pouring his heart out giving the fans his best. I jump when I feel a hand on my back I look away from the stage then turn around to see Kristen and all of the others standing behind me I look at them and smile "Hello again." They all greet me and we talk for a little while then they all hug me and I huge them they were all amazing and really nice not as scary as I thought when I first met them. I was glad we had all become friends it was nice to have a few girls around because there were things that I couldn't tell Nick and there were just a few things that I really didn't want to talk about with the Backstreet Boys so I was happy to have some girl time. We all stand there and watch the guys perform I knew they were all proud and happy for their husbands they loved supporting them I wondered if there was a chance that maybe I would be like that for Nick one day.

Nick's POV

The guys go to the hotel after the show and meet and greet I go back to the beach house with Mallory I shower then the two of us start walking down the beach. I reach over and hold her hand she looks up at me "You were amazing tonight the show was great." I wrap my arms around her waist "Thank you I'm glad you're here and that you came back." She looks up at me then kisses me and wraps her arms around my neck I kiss back and pull her closer to me she didn't understand what I meant but I needed her with me. I pull away then the two of us continue walking there was still a lot of the tour left and we were ending it in a few months in New York the one thing I was really looking forward to was when Mallory and I got back home to Nashville just the two of us living across the street from each other with the dogs. I turn and look at her "I love you Mal." She gives my hand a squeeze "Love you too." We had a week before our next show and I would be happy to spend it here with her.

Kevin's POV

I look over at Nick and Mallory who had come to see everyone off at the airport we were all going back home they were staying here in a beach house until our next show. "Sure the two of you don't want to go home on the break?" Mal shakes her head "Nah we are going to stay here enjoy the beach and the sun for a while." I nod I understood that not a lot of the summer left best to enjoy it I look over at Nick "Behave kid don't blow it." He nods then they call the flight back to LA. Kristen gives Mal a hug then I do too "Keep him in line okay?" She nods then Kristen and I follow AJ and Rochelle to the plane I could use the week off I looked forward to having some alone time with Kristen back home. Howie and Leigh were going back to Florida, while Brian and Leigh Anne were going back to Atlanta I knew that Nick and Mallory would enjoy having time together on the beach I let out a yawn and Kristen is already asleep with her head on my shoulder I put a blanket over us then fall asleep a few minutes later.