Chapter 41

Nick's POV

Today was the day we were finding out if we were having a boy or a girl I would be happy with either one I just wanted a healthy baby. I walk through the house and make a few laps around the living room waiting on Mal to finish getting ready her appointment was at ten I had woken up at seven because I was really excited about today Mal had threatened to duct tape me to a wall if I didn't sit and calm down so I went to the living room. I look up when she walks in the room wearing a black maternity shirt and a pair of jeans she looked beautiful she walks over to me and looks up at me "What do you think?" "You look amazing." I kiss her and wrap my arms around her waist she kisses back then wraps her arms around my neck then pulls away. I wanted more but she still wasn't ready for that yet even though we grew closer every day and I knew that she loved me she still didn't trust me yet. Trust was a hard thing to earn back once you lost it and I hoped that I would have it back sometime soon. I take her hand then we leave the house to go to the doctor.

Mallory's POV

I lay back on the bed when the ultrasound machine is turned on I look over at Nick sitting in the chair next to me. He smiles then reaches over and holds my hand the doctor pours the gel on my stomach and I flinch a little bit at the coldness the one part I hated of having these appointments "Your baby looks good growing and everything looks like it's on the right track the heartbeat is one fifty-six." She turns on the sound then the heartbeat of mine and Nick's baby fills the room. Nick looks over at Doctor Smythe "So everything is okay right?" "Everything is going well." I knew that Nick had been worried about the baby so this should make him feel a little better knowing our baby was healthy. "Would the two of you like to know what you're having?" I nod and Nick squeezes my hand Doctor Smythe turns the screen toward the two of us so we can see a picture of the baby. "You're having a little boy." I look over at Nick who has a smile on his face I could tell he was happy he leans down and kisses my head. Nick and I were going to have a little boy now we just needed to decide on a name for him.

Nick's POV

I couldn't believe it we were going to have a boy I would have a son I was so excited about this I couldn't wait to meet him in four months. I reach over then take Mallory's hand she looks at me and smiles "Are you happy?" She didn't realize how happy I was right now I was going to be a dad and she was with me I couldn't get any happier. "Of course I'm happy you're healthy and the baby is healthy that's what matters to me I would be happy with a boy or a girl I'm thrilled that we are going to be having a little boy." She squeezes my hand then turns away and starts looking out the window. I go back to watching the road then I hear her voice "I love you Nick." It was the first time she had actually said the words since she had moved back in with me that made me feel good and it gave me hope that we were getting closer to being back the way we used to be and I really wanted that. "I love you too." I still wanted to spend the rest of my life with her with a little more time I would ask her to marry me and I hoped she would say yes.

AJ'S POV

"Why are you being suspicious of Nick wanting us to come visit?" I sigh as Rochelle and I continue packing for our trip down to Nashville "He's lived there for almost a year now he invites us to come see the house plus he told Howie that he had news for all of us but didn't say what it was." She nods then continues packing and looks at me "All of you are Nick's friends I've heard you say that a thousand times I also think you might still be a little disappointed in him for what he did to Mallory we were all mad at him including the girls but you have to get past that at some point now smile and be happy about going to Nashville." I laugh then kiss her. She was right I needed to forget what happened and if he wanted me to come down and see his house I would go on the grand tour with a smile on my face our flight was tomorrow afternoon the more I thought about it I was beginning to actually look forward to it. It had been a little while since I saw Nick but even longer since Rochelle had seen Mallory.

Kevin's POV

I was looking forward to visiting Mal and Nick again but since I knew why they really wanted all of us to come visit but I had sworn to secrecy. I had told Kristin though and she was really excited about getting to see Mal again they were really good friends and they had gotten really close during our tour and she was really excited about getting to see her again Kristin was very excited about the news of Mallory being pregnant all the two of us knew was how far along she was but we didn't know what she was having I didn't even know if she was far enough to know that yet. The two of them would be really good parents and I couldn't be happier for the two of them, Baylee was a few months old, Nick and Mallory had a baby on the way maybe Kristin and I could start talking about starting our family soon now seemed like a really good time for us to have a baby I would love to be a dad. Right now probably wasn't the best time to just randomly ask if we could have a baby I would ask her once our trip to visit Nick and Mallory was over and we were on our way home.