Chapter 50

Nick's POV

Today was Mallory's baby shower it was November a few weeks before Thanksgiving and Jack was due next month toward the beginning of December. Everyone was flying in and staying for a few days since Mallory wasn't able to travel we were both really excited about today she was looking forward to seeing everyone again and I was really looking forward to being a dad I couldn't wait to hold Jack in my arms I knew that we would be good parents. I walk downstairs then go outside into the yard to make sure that everything had been set up okay I walk around and look at the decorations then I look over at Mac and Stella they were in a part of the yard that had been fenced off Mal hated to do it but it would keep them from getting into the cake and food. The weather for the shower was great the sun was out and it was warm good thing the weather here was kind of crazy because today it was perfect for the shower just like Mal was hoping for I go back inside to see if Mal was finished getting ready.

Kristen's POV

I walk in the house and sneak into Mallory and Nick's room I tap her on the shoulder she turns around then looks at me and hugs me. "How did you know I was in here?" "Nick told me you were in here you look amazing it looks like you could go any day now." She looks down then puts her hand on her large bump. "I feel like it he's just like Nick he moves and kicks all the time he's full of energy." I laugh then look down and notice her ring "He proposed?" She nods then holds out her hand so I can see the ring it was beautiful Nick did an amazing job. I hold up a box she takes it then sits down and shakes the box I smile "It's a little something for you and Nick it will drive him crazy just because you're pregnant doesn't mean you can't look sexy." She opens the box and her eyes widen when she sees the gift. "Nick will definitely love this thank you." "You're welcome now come start your baby shower." She laughs then we walk outside.

Howie's POV

While Mallory and all of the girls gather in a large group the four of us walk over to talk to Nick. Brian looks at him "Are you ready for the baby to be here?" Nick takes a deep breath then looks at us "I'm really excited but I'm nervous too I don't know if I can do this." Kevin reaches over and pats him on the back. "You will be a great dad you're a happy person it's like you are a big kid yourself if anyone is going to be a good parent it will be you." He nods then looks at all of us and smiles. "Thanks guys that means a lot." I look at him "What name did you and Mal choose?" He looks at me and I can tell that he's proud "Nickolas Jackson Carter we are going to call him Jack." No wonder why he was proud his son was named after him he had every reason to be proud and happy. We encourage him, give him another pep talk and let him know that we are happy for him.

Nick's POV

After everyone talks for a while Mallory and I sit down in the middle so the two of us can open gifts. The first gift we get is from Aaron and he went big and decided to get Jack a motorized Cadillac escalade even though he would be a newborn and wouldn't be able to play with it until he was older, the second gift is from Howie and Leigh Howie had gotten this huge toy dog while Leigh had got him an under armor outfit. She opens the gifts from AJ and Rochelle next which were a bunch of outfits one was gray with Sweet Child of mine on the front, the second was black with ACDC on the front and then a black and red one with Little Ass Kicker written on the front because Mal and I were fans of The Walking dead, next we open the gift from Brian and Leigh Anne which was a pair of shoes. Next we open Kevin and Kristin's gift one outfit I knew was definitely from Kevin it said Ladies I have arrived, the other were nightmare before Christmas outfits that said mommy's little nightmare, Mamma's nightmare and Daddy's little nightmare. They were great gifts.