Chapter 19

TWO MONTHS LATER

Mallory's POV

The tour kicked off with a bang I had already been to three shows the guys were great and we had all became really close friends but with the first three shows I was beginning to see a different side of Nick one I didn't really like. He was becoming distant, he wasn't the same I knew that the tour was important to all of them but at least Howie, Kevin, AJ, and Brian were still the same they were great with the fans smiled for pictures but none of them took it as far as Nick did he would flirt with the fans and it hurt a lot I sigh as we reach another hotel when we wall get out I walk over to Kevin to see if I could talk to him. He looks at me "Everything okay?" "Can I have my own room please?" He looks over at Nick "Still having problems?" I knew why they called him daddy backstreet he looked after everyone and took care of people I don't answer I just nod. "Yeah you can room by me and Kristen Nick is on the other end of the hall." "Thanks Kevin I owe you one." That night I sleep alone in a strange hotel.

Kevin's POV

That night behind stage before the show starts I watch Nick and Mallory to see if I can figure out what the problem is and in the first few minutes of getting ready I can tell what the problem is. The problem is Nick Mal is trying to let him know that she's there for him but he's pretty much tossed her aside his eyes never leave his phone she finally gives up and leaves the room I would have to talk to him later tonight once the meet and greet was over we gather in a group then we go out on stage and we are greeted by screaming the lights are out I take a deep breath this was it show time again. The music begins then we all start dancing and singing the months of rehearsing had paid off I look off to the side and see the girls it was good to have them with us they were all smiling and dancing most of them anyway Mallory's eyes were on Nick as he made his way across the stage showing off for the fans but there wasn't a smile on her face.

Nick's POV

The show went great and the fans were amazing we were all getting ready for the meet and greet plus a few people had gotten the VIP experience with us we all walk out and the fans start walking down the line. I hug of the girls that come through I kiss their cheeks one girl who comes through is really pretty she smiles and I smile back we stand and talk she makes a few flirty comments I flirt back with her she kisses my cheek I kiss her cheek give her a hug and an extra squeeze then she walks off I look at the other guys at the end of the line Brian and Howie next to me, Kevin was gone I wondered where he went he never left during a fan event I shrug and continue with the meet and greet I couldn't wait to get back to my room tonight shower then go to bed I loved performing but it took a lot of energy.

Kevin's POV

I walk off stage when I see Mallory walk away I follow her behind stage I finally catch up with her and stop her. "Mal where are you going?" She turns around and looks at me and I see tears in her eyes and I know it's because of something that Nick did. I look at her "Where are you going?" She shakes her head "I can't do this Kevin I can't stay here and watch Nick flirt with your fans I left my home and my life to be here with him." I nod "So you're going back to Nashville then?" "No I don't know where I'm going I'm going to get Mac and Stella but I won't stay there." We had gotten close while she was here but I understood her reasons for leaving. I her phone out of her hand then put my number in it then give it back to her "When you get to wherever you decide to go call me and let me know where you are Kristen and I won't tell Nick I promise." She smiles "Thanks Kevin." "You're welcome." She keeps walking then I turn around and walk back out for the rest of the meet and greet the guys look at me and I don't say anything but Nick was in for a shock when we went back to the hotel.

Nick's POV

We get back to the hotel and I start looking for Mallory I wanted to see her I look everywhere but I can't find her anywhere. I walk over to Brian but he hasn't seen her, neither has Howie or AJ the girls say they haven't seen her since the show I go find Kevin "Hey Kev have you seen Mal?" He looks at me "She left Nick say where she was going she left during the meet and greet." I couldn't believe this I didn't know why she would leave like that I look back at Kevin. "Did she say why?" He looks at me "Everything was good between the two of you when she came to see you when the tour started you started ignoring her she saw you flirting with the fans you can't expect her to stay and watch you do that." I run my hands through my hair I was the reason she left I hated that I would have to do whatever I could to fix this I needed her I loved her I had to fix this. I nod then walk back to my room and lay in bed I had to get her back I would do our relationship a thousand times better.