Chapter 44

WEEK ONE

Nick's POV

I get to spend a few days with Mallory when we make it to LA then the hard work beings I meet with Sharna we talk and she wants to know what I would like to get out of this experience. I explain that I'm a little insecure about my dance skills and that I always tried to hide it or blend in with the other guys while we were performing from that conversation the fun really begins as we start practicing the first week our dance was the Cha Cha and I did not have a clue. She teaches me and goes through the steps with me I follow along I know it was the beginning of the show but I wanted to know if it was too early for us to do Backstreet Dance moves Sharna okays it then we start practicing it with the moves added in there's a few mishaps but I still had time to improve before the show started. I stay for hours practicing then we call it a day and I'm ready to head back to the hotel for a hot soak and a little time with Mal.

Mallory's POV

I know that practice would take up a lot of Nick's time so I wanted to get out of the hotel for a bit it was nice but I didn't want to stay inside all day. I take dogs out in the morning to a dog park nearby for them to run around, play and burn off some of their energy to keep them from getting bored and destructive after I take them back to the hotel so they wouldn't be out during the hottest part of the day then I leave and go for a walk. I walk through a few stores nothing catches my eye I find a maternity store and browse for a bit then decide on two tank tops I go find something for lunch I know I'm supposed to be eating healthy since I'm pregnant but that idea goes out the window and I have two very large pieces of pizza. I feel exhausted by early afternoon and I decide to go back to the hotel to take a long nap plus hopefully get to see Nick after being apart all day.

Nick's POV

It was the night of the first dance I was nervous but Sharna was keeping my mind off of it by going through the steps and giving me a pep talk. I keep my mind focused on Sharna and all of the steps it was a lot of hard work but I knew that I wanted to work as hard as I possibly can to win this I do a few stretches and warm ups to loosen up and get ready for tonight. I glance over to where Mal is sitting I feel someone touch my shoulder I look over and see Sharna standing next to me "Go we still have a few minutes." I nod then walk over to Mal she looks up at me and I wrap my arms around her waist she hugs me and wraps her arms around me neck. "You will do great Nick I know you can do this." Knowing that she was supporting me and encouraging me helped me more than anything. "Thanks baby I love you." "I love you too now go shake it." I laugh then kiss her she kisses back I kiss her head then walk back over to Sharna and wait for tonight to start.

Mallory's POV

Nick and Sharna do an amazing job on their first week they score twenty-four out of thirty and I couldn't be happier for him I knew he was working really hard for this. I look up when Nick walks out of the bathroom in our hotel room he throws on a pair of sweats and a shirt then he walks over and lays on the bed next to me I lay my head on his shoulder ad he puts his hand on my stomach then looks over at me. "Have you thought of a name yet?" I had been thinking about a name and I had come up with one I just hoped that Nick would go for it. I nod "I did actually and you helped your character in Dead seven his name was Jack so I thought of Jackson, and then there is you." He looks over at me. "What about me?" "I was thinking Nickolas Jackson Carter we could call him Jack what do you think?" He looks at me then smiles. "I love it and thank you for wanting to name after me." Jack I liked the name and Nick did too we agreed on the first name we discussed.