Chapter 52

A FEW DAYS LATER

Mallory's POV

I get discharged from the hospital a few days later when the doctor was satisfied with how Jack and I were doing, tonight would be our first night at home with Jack and I was a little nervous. I didn't want to wake Nick up multiple times through the night but he also said he wanted to be involved with this as much as he could I knew he was going to be an amazing dad I just hoped I would be a good mom we reach the house and Nick stops the car I get the diaper bag out of the car then go around to the other side of the car. Nick beats me to it he opens the door unhooks the car seat then picks it up and starts walking inside I shut the door then follow him in the house Nick get Jack out of his car seat then picks him just as the dogs run in the room. I walk over then sit down on the couch my body was sore and I was tired hopefully that would go away on its own now Nick and I needed to focus on our first few days at home with Jack.

Nick's POV

Mal and I had been asleep for almost two hours when Jack wakes up the first time the sound was a little strange but I knew we would get used to it. Mallory gets out of bed then walks out of the room I get out of bed then follow her into the nursery we walk in the room I go over to the crib pick up Jack and start rocking him slowly in my arms Mal sits in the chair I walk over to her and lay him down in her arms she pulls down the strap of her gown then starts nursing Jack. She was the perfect mom it was coming so easy to her I knew that for while things would be different between us I was kind of glad that there was to six eight weeks before we could do anything again I didn't want to hurt her I know that right now her body is fragile and I was afraid to do anything now that Jack was here. Once he's finished nursing and Mal burps him I take him then change his diaper and rock him back to sleep then we go back to bed.

Kevin's POV

We all fly down to see Mallory and Nick about a week later to give them time to adjust before we descended on the Carter house. After the girls gather around Mallory, they all talk about the nursery, the delivery, her figure and how good she looked for only having the baby a week ago and they are the first ones to descend on Jack as well while the guys and I talk to Nick. For a first time dad he was full of energy you would never guess he was getting up at all hours of the night with a newborn he was just as oriented and aware of Jack as Mallory was he was also centered around Mallory as well if she needed anything Nick would go get it for her. He never went far from either of them he didn't hover or get annoying but he did stay close in case he was needed I knew that the two of them would be good parents and I had been right Nick had really stepped up and I was proud of him.

Rochelle's POV

We leave the guys in the living room and go with Mal into the nursery when she has to feed Jack she gets him situated then covers him up with a blanket. Leigh looks over at her "How's Nick doing with getting up all through the night?" "He's doing great every time I get up he wakes up after Jack nurses he changes his diapers and rocks him back to sleep." That was so sweet and cute they were great parents and they definitely made cute babies. Kristen looks at her "Have the two of you thought about anything for your wedding?" Mallory shakes her head "We have had a few conversations but we haven't really decided in anything yet." We talk about a few wedding ideas for her and Nick then we take turns holding Jack after he's burped and changed. While I'm holding Jack I look at Mallory "Do you think you'll have anymore?" "No, No, No not for a while for now I'm happy with one." We all laugh at her answer.

AJ'S POV

When Mallory and all of the girls walk back in the room Nick stands up and walks over to her he looks down at her and I feel like I should leave the room. Yes, we were all married and in love with our wives they were everything to us but Nick was looking at Mallory like she was the only girl in the universe, he takes Jack from Mallory then it's guy time with the baby while the girls spend time together Nick sits down on the couch and we gather around him. Howie looks at him "He's a cute kid Nick too cute to be yours." Nick rolls his eyes then laughs "funny guy." I look over at Nick with Jack sleeping in his arms. "It's clear to see that I'm going to be the best uncle I'm the coolest after all." This leads to a group discussion and Kevin looks over Nick's shoulder then looks down at Jack "I'm going to be the best uncle to this cute little booger plus Mal likes me the most." We all laugh at Kevin then start talking to Nick about how he's adjusting to being a dad.