Chapter 5

Mallory's POV

My best friend Bailey was coming to visit me today, we had only seen each other a few times since high school because we went to different colleges but we talked all the time. I look over at Nick's house and see him sitting outside it wouldn't hurt him to meet people and make new friends I stand up then start walking over to Nick's house he looks up at me and smiles as I walk up on the porch. "Hey Mal how are you?" I walk over and sit down next to him "I'm good do you have any plans today?" He looks at me "I don't think I do." Good this was off to a good start now all I had to do was ask him "I was wondering if you would like to have lunch at my house today I'm having a friend from high school over and I thought I would invite you to come over." I really hope Nick would say yes. "I would love to come with you and meet your friend." Great Nick said yes I couldn't believe it I hoped he wouldn't mind meeting Bailey because she was really nice. "Thank you Nick I'll see you later." I get up then go back to my house to start lunch.

Nick's POV

I hear Mal let out a scream when Mallory walks out of her house I step outside behind her and see her hugging a girl and she looks really happy. I walk over and stand next to her she looks at me with a huge smile on her face "Nick this is my best friend Bailey we met in high school Bailey this is Nick." I smile and shake her hand "Nice to meet you." She smiles back "It's nice to meet you too." The three of us walk in Mallory's house and go to her kitchen she puts the food on the table then we all sit down and start eating I listen to the two of them talk and catch up I enjoyed seeing Mallory this happy I had seen her smile and laugh but this was new she was acting younger than her age and I enjoyed it. I watch as Mallory throws her head back and laughs at something that her friend Bailey said it was a great sound one that I hoped I would get to hear more often this was kind of nice to spend time with her and meet one of her friends. Today was turning out to be a lot of fun and I hoped that I would get the chance to do this again sometime.

Mallory's POV

I cover my eyes and turn red at the story Bailey is telling Nick it was a story about something that happened once while the two of us were in drama together it was embarrassing. The end of the story involved my boots tangling in my dress and let's just say I ended up falling in front of our audience Nick laughs at the story and I turn an even darker shade of red he puts his hand on my leg "It's okay Brian falls on stage all the time and we have all had our fair share of incidents that involve falling." I look up at him that made me feel a little better they were the Backstreet Boys if they could have incidents like that it shouldn't bother me since it happened while I was in high school. Bailey stays for a few more hours then she has to go back home we hug again before she leaves we promise to call and text every day and she makes me promise that I would come home and visit her next time which I agree to I'm happy that she came to visit and I knew that I would miss her a lot like I always did. Getting to spend the day with Nick and Bailey felt nice and I had a really great time with both of them.

Nick's POV

Once her friend leaves I walk in the kitchen and start helping her clean up I even help her wash the dishes and once when Mallory looks away I toss Mac some of the leftovers which makes him happy. It doesn't take long for the two of us to finish the dishes and we talk about different things I turn and look at her when she puts the last plate away I run my hands through my hair. "Would you like to go for a walk with me?" She nods "I'd love to." "Great." We walk outside with Mac next to us she shuts the door and we start walking down the street together it was nice outside and it wasn't that hot today plus there was a breeze blowing. While we are walking she starts asking questions about what the guys were like and I answer and tell her a little bit about each one of the guys as we continue walking I reach over and hold her hand she doesn't say anything she gives mine a squeeze. This felt nice like I had been doing it forever I wouldn't mind holding her hand every day I was falling for her hard and fast.

 This felt nice like I had been doing it forever I wouldn't  mind holding her hand every day I was falling for her hard and fast