Chapter 20

Mallory's POV

I feel the soft moist sand against my feet as I'm walking down the beach I look up and watch Mac and Stella run ahead of me with their noses to the sand. I had been in Seabrook Island for almost a week now it was nice here I loved it the drive was only forty-five minutes to Charleston I left the tour flew back to Nashville got my dogs then drove the eight and half hours to get here I was staying in a beach house something I had never done before. I look out at the ocean at the water as the sun starts turning the sky pink the sunrise was beautiful I had never seen anything like it before I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket I pull it out and look at it I had a text message from Nick I'd read it later. I was still hurt over what he did at the last show I went too I couldn't watch him flirt when I loved him I didn't know what I was going to do or how long I should stay here but I would have to decide sooner or later.

 I was still hurt over what he did at the last show I went too I couldn't watch him flirt when I loved him I didn't know what I was going to do or how long I should stay here but I would have to decide sooner or later

Nick's POV

I walk away from the guys as they all walk over to their wives I sit down in a corner away from everyone Mas gone Kevin wouldn't tell me anything other than she was safe which was a good thing. I pull out my phone and send her a text I start off by apologizing and let her know how sorry I am then I tell her I wasn't being flirty on purpose it was just part of touring to make the fans feel special I had been doing it for so long that I didn't think to tell her about it I press send and wait but I don't get a reply. I sigh and run my hands through my hair I had really messed up what we had I needed to do something to fix this but If I didn't know where she was and she wouldn't talk to me how was I going to fix it? I put my phone down then join the guys for practice for the show tonight. They had people supporting them I didn't I had let the person supporting me go because I had done something stupid.

Mallory's POV

I walk back in the house feed Mac and Stella then sit down and read Nick's text message before I have the chance to reply he calls me I take a deep breath then answer. "Hi Nick." "Mal I'm so glad you answered please just talk to me come back I need you with me. We really should talk about all of this please don't stop being my friend." There was that word friend I sigh and look out the window and think about everything Nick said. "Listen Nick it really hurt when you started acting like that you ask me to be your girlfriend then you do something like that I left home to be with you, you used to make me feel so special but that night you made me feel like I wasn't even there." "I'm sorry I never meant to do that please come back." I sigh "I'll meet you and the guys in the next city." "Thank you Mal I'm so sorry I didn't mean to make you feel bad in anyway. I love my job I love the fans I got carried away I hope you believe me." I knew he meant what he was saying but I didn't trust him yet. "I'll see you in a few days Nick." Then we hang up.

Kevin's POV

I look at Nick when he comes walking over to us he has a smile on his face which was a first since Mallory had left a week ago. "What's got you in a good mood kids?" "I talked to Mal this morning she said she would come back she's going to meet us in the next city." Mallory was in Charleston not far from our next show the las time we talked she wasn't happy with Nick but she was happy in Seabrook and she didn't know if she would come back I hoped Nick knew how lucky he was to have gotten a second chance this time he didn't need to mess up with her. I pull him to the side so I can talk to him "Look Nick don't blow it she's the kind of girl you need plus I know that she really cares about you keep your head on straight." He nods "I will I love her." Hopefully it would work out for the two of them then I liked Mal so did everyone else so we hope she stayed around for a while maybe things would work better a second time.

Mallory's POV

I missed Nick a lot I wanted to go see him I loved him I wanted to go back but this place had grown on me it was quiet and peaceful here a lot like the town I was from. I was close to Charleston it was a popular city and there was a lot history here and as a history major I really wanted to stay I sigh and walk out of the house with Mac and Stella following me to go for a walk on the beach I could sell my house in Nashville but then I wouldn't get to see Nick and I didn't want that I could keep both houses but I couldn't afford that. I could think about this all day but I wouldn't be able to think of a solution I would just have to give up the house here and hope that maybe one day I would be able to get the house and come here again I walk for a few hours and see dolphins jump out of the water it was a beautiful sight. I would have to start packing soon to meet Nick in a few days I was actually a little nervous to see him again.

 I would have to start packing soon to meet Nick in a few days I was actually a little nervous to see him again