Chapter 4

Mallory's POV

It was another hot summer day here in Nashville and even though my air is on the lowest and coldest setting it will go it's not helping at all. I go upstairs to my bedroom pull out a black bikini then change into it and go to my closet in the hall and grab a towel Mac looks up at me from the floor he gives me a wag with the look in his big brown eyes I couldn't say no he knew he wasn't allowed in the pool but today I would make an exception for him since it was so hot outside. "Want to go for a swim boy?" His tail wags faster and he barks I smile "come on boy." I walk to the back door and open it Mac runs outside just as I go to step outside I hear knocking at the front door I sigh and think to myself so close yet so far away. I put my towel down and walk through the house open the door and see Nick standing there "Hey Nick what's up?" He looks at me "I..... uh.... Hi.... I thought.... Um I wanted to see if you would like to go to lunch somewhere?" I look at him "I was just fixing to get in the pool you can join me and we could have lunch later?"

 Um I wanted to see if you would like to go to lunch somewhere?" I look at him "I was just fixing to get in the pool you can join me and we could have lunch later?"

Nick's POV

She was in a black bikini that fit her just right and it was making me tongue tied I couldn't even form a simple sentence. She was showing off a lot of skin I really liked it I wanted to see her like this more often then I start thinking about something else and it turns into multiple things the first thing I wonder how soft her skin is and what it would feel like under my fingertips. Then I think about the things I want to do as my eyes run over her body and I notice she turns red under my gaze I wanted to touch her, I wanted to taste her skin and see what she would do as my lips traveled down her neck, I wanted to have her in my arms I wanted to touch all of her. I look up at her as she asks me a question and I realize that she just invited me over to swim and have lunch later I cough then run my hand through my hair "Sounds great I'd love to let me go change and I'll be back in a few minutes." She smiles "See you soon." I go back to my house and change I needed to get it together and control myself or something would end up happening between the two of us.

Mallory's POV

Nick and I get in the pool then we start playing around and splashing each other eventually he picks me up and throws me after we play we just swim for a while. Later on Nick and I are in the middle of the pool he grabs me by the waist and pulls me to him and I feel his fingers against my skin I look up at him and meet his eyes I wrap my arms around his neck and my fingers go to his hair. He starts leaning in I feel his breath against my face then just before our lips touch we are covered in water Nick steps back and looks at me "Thanks for inviting me over but I better head back home see you later Mal." Nick leaves and I go inside and get dressed then I sit down on my bed and run my hands through my hair Nick and I almost kissed that had to mean something. I get up and go to the living room and glance outside no sign of Nick anywhere I don't know if this messed something up between us or ow it would change things between us I just hope that it wasn't much. I sigh then go back in my room and go back to thinking about Nick.

Nick's POV

I walk in the house and change clothes then go to my living room and sit on the couch where Mallory slept the night she stayed during the storm. I start thinking about her and I examine my feelings about her I really liked her we had spent a lot of time together plus today I had almost kissed her I just wasn't sure if it meant something to me and if it meant something to her she wanted to kiss me I remember her hand on the back of my neck and her fingers in my hair. I haven't been her long only a few weeks I came here for a break I wasn't sure if I was ready for a relationship yet is that what I wanted? Did I want a relationship with her I was starting to think that I was but there was something else that I started thinking about, Was Mallory ready for a relationship did she want a relationship with me? There was a lot that came with being in a relationship with one of us I might like her and she might like me but I wasn't sure if she would be happy with me even though I know I would do whatever it took to make her happy I wouldn't know unless I tried.