Chapter 39

ONE WEEK LATER

Nick's POV

It had been a week since Mallory had moved in and things weren't getting any better I think they were getting a lot worse. She wouldn't say more than a few words to me, she slept in one of the extra bedrooms and she wouldn't let me get close to her or touch her I wanted her to trust me again I wanted things to work out and I wanted to get back together I just wish she would find a way to trust me. I walk in the bedroom where she had been staying and she's sleeping the late afternoon sun was pouring in on her. I wasn't sure if it was from not seeing her for four months or from her pregnancy but she looked beautiful her brown hair was shinier and softer, she was seventeen weeks now and she had a small bump one that I wanted to put my hand on and feel. I wanted to be there for my baby and I wanted to be there for Mal too if she would let me I walk over then lay down next to her I want to wrap my arms around her but I don't. I look over at her then gently place my hand over the small bump.

Mallory's POV

I feel a hand touch my skin then I hear Nick's voice I lay there but I don't open my eyes I wasn't sure on what he was doing. I feel his hand go to my stomach "Hey there we don't know if you're a boy or a girl yet so I'm not sure on what we should call you but we will know in a few weeks. I'm your dad I'm so excited about you I can't wait to meet you I promise that I will be the best dad and I won't let you down." I couldn't hate Nick forever I wasn't even sure if I hated him in the first place he had been trying incredibly hard but I was ignoring him and brushing him off I didn't want to admit it but I was still in love with Nick. I open my eyes then look up at Nick he looks down at me "I'm sorry if I woke up I'll let you be alone." I grab his arm "Stay with me." "I forgive you I'm sorry for how I've been acting and for the things I said to you." I see a hopeful look cross his face but he keeps himself in control. "Do you love me?" I nod "Yes." Then for the first time since I've moved back in he smiles.

Nick's POV

She still loved me I couldn't believe it I know that I didn't deserve it but I was thrilled and happy about this. We were going to be a family I knew that we would be able to make things work hopefully things would start getting better between the two of us. She did say she forgave me and that she still loved me but the one thing she didn't say was that she trusted me I know that I would have to earn that back chances are it would take a while for that to happen which I understood completely but I will do whatever it takes to make that happen. She looks at me then puts her hand on the side of my face "This has been driving me crazy it looks really good on you." I smile then look down at her she runs her fingers through my hair I kiss her then she kisses back and wraps her arms around my neck she had given me a second chance and I wasn't going to mess up again I wanted her no one else. Now to focus on her and our baby for a while which is all I wanted to do.

Mallory's POV

The next morning after Nick and I wake up we go for a walk through our neighborhood it was cool this morning but it was going to warm up later it would be a hot July day here in Nashville. Nick looks over at me then he reaches over and holds my hand "How have you been with the baby?" "As you saw last week with the throwing up I have bad morning sickness, the doctor said my due date is in December we are both healthy everything looks really good for both of us." Nick nods "I'm glad the two of you are healthy I can't wait to meet our baby." I stop at the word baby then I look up at Nick. "Brian and Leigh Anne what about their baby?" "They have a little boy named Baylee he was born a few months ago." I hated that I wasn't there but maybe I would get to see him sometime "I know that we find out what we are having in a few weeks do you want to go with me?" Nick nods "I really want to be there with you." I wrap my arms around his waist and lay my head on his chest. "I want you there." I wasn't lying to him I wanted Nick to be there with me.