Chapter 30

Nick's POV

The tour was finally over and I couldn't wait for Mallory and I to get back home I was ready to have my buddy Nacho back and Mal was ready to see Mac and Stella again. After spending all the time touring, meeting countless fans and going from place to place I was just ready for some time alone away from all that I missed being able to go out and just be me without hearing screaming fans I was more than ready to unwind and be normal. I had been spending a lot of time in hotels their beds were nice, the bed at our beach house was great but I just wanted to sleep in my own bed again I look over at Mallory as we are driving down the road I still haven't asked her to move in with me I wanted to but I was worried that it might be too soon for it. A little later I stop the car in front of her house she gets out her friend Bailey opens the door then Mac and Stella run over to her in his excitement Mac knocks her over hopefully she was just as happy to be back home as I was.

Mallory's POV

The first few days of being back were a lot harder than I thought they would be I loved being back with Mac and Stella but I was having problems adjusting to being back home. In the last few months I had gotten used to constantly being on the go I was starting to miss all of the excitement and getting to see all of the new places I knew that they all needed a break after the show I sigh then walk over to the window and look at Nick's house. I wasn't sure if I would be able to get settled into the routine I had before I left I wasn't sure on what I should do or how I should tell Nick what I was feeling I didn't want him to think I was only with him to travel or spend his money because I wasn't that person I wasn't I wanted to be with Nick for who he was away from the stage. I loved the person I had met here during the summer when he moved in maybe I should talk to Nick about this he might know how to help me get used to it.

Nick's POV

I look over at Mal while we are eating lunch it was nice to be alone with her without the guys and body guards being around the dogs were happy to have the two of us back Nacho was laying by my feet Mac was sitting by Mal and Stella was laying by her chair. She looks at me "How do you handle the adjustment of touring then getting used to being back home I'm having a hard time getting used to this." I knew exactly what she was talking about all of us went through the same thing when we first started out and it was a hard adjustment. "It's not easy at first especially after you've gotten used to the excitement and going to different places but when you're back home you realize after a few days that home is the best place you're in your own bed, there's no time rush and you're free to do what you want to." She nods then thinks about what I said for a few minutes while we are eating. "Thanks Nick." I smile "Anytime." She yawns and I can tell that she's still drained I knew the feeling I was too maybe she would stay here with me tonight.

Mallory's POV

I yawn and roll away from the sun that was pouring into Nick's room I feel him put his arms around me and pull me closer to him I open my eyes and Nick is still sleeping I smile then run my fingers through his hair. This was something that I had missed doing I know that Nick and I were together and spent time together during the tour but it was nice to not have to share him with fans or him going to interviews for now it was just the two of us again. Nick wakes up and looks at me "Morning beautiful." I look up at him "Morning handsome." He leans down and kisses me I kiss back and wrap my arms around his neck he starts kissing down my neck then looks down at me. "What should we do today?" "Let's go out and spend the day together we can have a picnic in the park and bring the dogs with us?" "Sounds like a good day to me I'll see you, Mac and Stella in a little while?" I nod then go to my house and start getting ready.

Nick's POV

Mallory and I sit under a tree while we have our picnic she tosses a few pieces to Mac and Stella while I share with Nacho after we eat we start playing with the dogs I play fetch with Nacho while she plays Frisbee with Mac and Stella. After we do that for a while we start walking around the park I reach over and hold Mallory's hand we stop later to listen to a band that's playing they were really good we stand there for a while until the dogs get impatient we leave then start walking down the dog trail they start walking around sniffing everything. I loved days like today it was a good way to unwind after the last few months of touring but the best part was it was a great way to spend time with Mal which I was what I wanted to do the most if our group ended tomorrow I would be happy spending every day doing this. I knew that I loved her and I wanted us to be together because I wanted to do this with her forever.