Love Is Like Lightning

DESTINY'S POV

"Yeah, how are you gonna react about it? Act all cool abou-" I cut cut off when his lips smashed into mine. I gasped against his lips and pulled away. "What are you-"

"I knew it!" He threw his hands up in rage. "I told Iris you didn't like me. But she convinced me that you liked me back! Now I made things weird between us!"

"Barry, I-I like you too." I mumbled. His eyes lit up. And he grabbed my face with the palm of his hands.

"You do?" He asked in a quiet voice. But I pushed his hands away.

"I do, but your in love with Iris." I step back. Barry flinched at my words. "And don't say your not because I see the way you look at her and walked in on you saying how much you want to be with her and tell her your feelings." I pushed back the unwanted tears in my eyes.

"Destiny, I like you. Iris is in the past. Let's focus on the present." He steps forward. I stare at him for a few seconds, without moving. But he continued to move closer until his hot breath was fanning my face. He again grabbed my face. But this time slowly, to see if I would reject. Then he leaned in and this time I let him kiss me. My lips collided with his. If I hadn't been struck by lightning, I would've thought that this was how it felt. Because I felt sparks of electricity. I felt fireworks go off. But it was all in my head. Every guy I have kissed, our kisses didn't feel as...magical,powerful, electric! His tongue ran across my bottom lip, asking for entrance. And then it hit me.

You can't get over someone that fast!

What if I'm a second choice to him?

Will Ian forgive me?

I quickly pulled away from him and gasped. 

"I-I-I can't do this." I flustered. He looked at me with those shocked, hurt, innocent eyes.

"But-"

"Barry, I know you still feel something for Iris. It was, what, freaking today I heard you say you wanted to tell Iris how you felt!" I exclaimed.

"Destiny, I care about yo-"

"I'm tired." I sped off home and went straight to bed. I couldn't deal with him lying to me right now. I was tired, to be honest. I ended up crying myself to sleep. I may have just ruined the best relationship I could've had. Or I may have just stopped the biggest break up I'll ever have.

Third Person POV

Barry came home not long after. He needed time to think. To clear his head. He had made a move on Destiny without thinking twice. Now he'll have to suffer the consequences. Now he'll have to live with the fact that he hurt Destiny. He was so angry and frustrated with himself. Of course he still had feelings for Iris. It's not like a crush you've had on a girl since you were both kids will just go away! But he wanted it to. Barry wanted to prove to Destiny that he is over the fact that him and Iris would never happen. And that now he had cared and liked Destiny.

When Barry arrived, he noticed Destiny's door closed. He opened it and peeked his head through.

"Destiny?" He whispered. He was afraid he wake her so he closed the door and cried himself to sleep. What he didn't know was that Destiny had been awake. Wide awake. She just didn't want to talk.

They had never felt so separated even though they shared a wall. Just one room down from each other. Both crying. Silently.

Next Day

Destiny had woken up extra early to beat Barry to the bathroom before he woke up. She did not feel like talking yet. Barry hadn't gotten much sleep last night, so he woke up 3 hours after Destiny did. Then Destiny brought food to her room to eat while watching Netflix. Today she didn't have to work. Neither did Barry. So Destiny spent all day in her room. Catching up on shows like Baby Daddy and The 100.