Mixed Emotions

"how bout that date?" Barry grinned. As I opened my mouth to respond, the doorbell rang. Which made Barry groan immediately in annoyance. "Why the hell does this have to be so hard?" I laughed but silently agreed before grabbing a robe and walking to the front door.

I stopped for a split second to check how I looked in the mirror next to the door. I patted down my messy hair and tucked a small strand behind my ear. Finally satisfied, I turned the knob and swung open the door halfway.

My eyes nearly popped out of my head. My mouth slighlty parted in shock and my heart skipped a beat. And there he stood, still hot. Dark brown beautiful eyes, dark brown hair in a quiff, and the perfect jawline. There, Peter stood. Somehow, he had managed to become more attractive. He wore a loose blue t-shirt, black jeans, and a grey hoodie. His grin revealed his pearly whites.

"Peter?" I managed to choke out.

"Destiny!" He exclaimed before engulfing me in a hug. At first I was stunned, but relaxed into it. His scent was consisted of cinnanom....? How in the world does someone do that? Although, I noticed he hung on a little too long and his hands slid further down by the second. So I quickly pulled away. He still had his big grin.

"Wow, I can't believe it! You're here!" I said in shock.

"Yeah, how long has it been?" He asked. I began trying to remember in my head but couldn't quite get the answer.

"Too long." We said in sync before laughing in sync.

"I missed you so much." He said. I blushed and looked down, trying to hide it. But couldn't quite do so. I heard him begin to say something else but heard Barry from behind.

"Who's at the door?" I heard him call. I turned my neck to see him with his shirt off, somehow, and he was now standing next to me. I swallowed the lump of slight embarassment in my throat and turned back to Peter. Peter just smiled.

"Hi, who's this?" He asked, confused. His face still seemed calm and cool, which made me suspisious.

"Who's this Destiny?" Barry asked. I turned back to Barry.

Oh jesus, don't look down. I thought. He wasn't wearing a shirt! I'm pretty sure lightning is what gave Barry abs because nothing else would've. I forgot the view of shortless Barry from last night. And now, it's all coming back. Now!

"Uhh..." I cleared my throat. "B-Barry, this is Peter Williams. Peter this is Barry Allen. Peter is my f-friend from High School. Barry is my-" I felt a small gasp leave my mouth as Barry slid his arm around my lower back. I looked up at him, my cheeks probably insanely red. Barry took advantage of my silence and spoke up.

"Boyfriend, and partner at work." Now he remained with a grin on his face, and acted as if he were doing nothing wrong. Technecially, we aren't boyfriend and girlfriend. He just asked me out on a date. A date that we haven't even gone on yet!

"Cool, what did you say your job was again?" Peter asked, and remaimed calm and cool.

"I work at the Central City Police Department. But I don't just have one job there. I am a part time forensic scientist, part time Detective/CSI, and part time Police Officer. I just come when and wherever they need me. If it's forensic scientist stuff related, or Detective/CSI related, Barry calls me. If its the others, my other partner Eddie calls me or the station." I explained.

"Wow, busy woman I see." Peter remarked.

"Yup, she can get pretty busy." Barry mumbled, tilting his head as he studied Peter. My breath was still caught in my throat so it took me a while to speak again.