Skinny Love

"Any progress?" I ask Caitlin.

"I have an idea." Dr. Wells answer. "It's a bit of a Hail Mary, but Cisco and I are gonna give it a try."

"Thank you." I hear Caitlin tell Dr. Wells as they share a look.

"I'll get Professor Stein." Barry says.

But Cisco stops Barry from leaving the room. "Looking for the professor? Yeah, he's gone."

Immediately Caitlin and I track the professor down, to find out he was in the Badlands, in the middle of nowhere—smart considering he was a ticking nuclear bomb.

"You guys almost done?" Barry asks Cisco and Dr. Wells as they get to work on god knows what that thing was they assured us would split and save Ronnie and Stein.

"Hang on, hang on." Cisco rushes out.

"We found Stein." I announce. "He's in the Badlands. Middle of nowhere, 30 miles outside of Central City."

"Minimum safe distance." Cisco states.

"He's sacrificing himself." Dr. Wells replies.

Panicked and pacing, Barry asks "How much time does he have left?"

"12 minutes." Cisco answers.

"And—we're done." Dr. Wells says after a moment. I speed into my suit and stand in front of Cisco as he presents to Barry, Caitlin, and I what they've created.

"What is it?" Barry and I both ask.

"This is a Quantum Splicer."

"Will it work to separate them?" Caitlin questions.

"We'll know in 12 minutes." It's risky, but our only option right now. "Now Barry, even you can't outrun a nuclear blast, so you get this device to Professor Stein, and you get out of there as fast as you can."

Before Dr. Wells can hand it to Barry, Caitlin snatched it from Dr. Wells's grasp. Wait did he say Barry?

"Wait why Barry? I can do this!" I shout defensively. But they ignored me, instead they were focused on Caitlin.

"What are you doing?" Barry asks her.

"I'm going with Destiny." She simply says. I didn't know whether to smile at her words at including me or whether to call her crazy.

"No you're not." Barry tells her, looking at me as well.

"It's too dangerous." Dr. Wells adds, also looking at me. Are they serious?

"You all don't know how to operate the splicer." Caitlin defends.

"Cisco's gonna talk me through it." Barry also defends.

"There's not enough time." She looks over to me and nods, "Let's go." I move to pick her up but Barry stops me.

"No way, it's too dangerous." He repeats.

I can't believe he's doing this right now. Does he think I'm not capable of doing this? What the hell? What makes me less capable than him? I scoff at him, almost pissed now as I begin overthinking it.

"Think I can't handle it? Really?" I snarked at him before speeding off with Caitlin. Finally we had arrived to the Badlands and it wasn't too hard to find Stein.

He stood in the middle in the empty land as he held a gun to his head.

Wow, what a tragic thing to witness...he's really about to take his own life.

"Professor Stein!" I immediately shout before he can make another move. He turns around and looks at the two of us in bewilderment.

"What are you doing here? You can't be here! Get her out of here now!" He fiercely demands.