Waiting Didn't Seem So Bad After All

"When the heat gun was fired," Cisco began, "it increased the surrounding tempature of the air dramatically, sort of like an extreme heat wave." He stopped and looked direvtly at me, smiling, "Heat Wave."

"Stop doing that." Dr. Wells said annoyed as I held in my laugh.

"Okay. I measured the tempature output of both the cold and heat guns, right? And while the cold gun achieves absolute zero, the heat gun successfully reaches absolute zero hot, or the hottest tempature an object can reach."

"Planck temperature." Barry says, understanding everything.

"So potentially, these two guns could cancel each other out." Dr. Wells catches on.

"Yeah," I say, "but to do that, we'd," Barry and I, "have to make the guns cross streams."

"You mean like Ghostbusters?" Barry smiled at his reference, what a dork.

"That film is surprisingly scientifically accurate." Cisco nods. I smile again as I think about Barry, he's my dork.

Barry's phone rings and he answers it, "Hey Joe, what's up?" He asked with his dorky smile, but it quickly faded as he listened to Joe. He hangs up and turns to me. Before any of us can ask him anything, he grabs my arm and speeds the both of us out of there.

I was brought to a crime scene. Yellow tape, CSI, detectives, news reporters, and officers scattered the area. I noticed a rather familiar car coated with ice on it's left side, Joe stood near by the car. Barry rushed up to him, holding my hand in the process.

"Joe, anything?" Barry asked frantically worried.

"There's no sign of Caitlin," at the name mention, I immediately put everything together. My heart sped up, I hoped I was wrong.

"Oh my god." Barry whispered to himself, his hand in his hair.

"Caitlin?" I repeated to Joe, my voice low. He gave me a sad look, this only made me feel worse. I looked into the car through the window. Sure enough, I spotted things Caitlin owned. Such as a couple of her bracelets between the driver and passenger seat.

How did this happen?

Why did this happen?

"We're getting her back. We have to find Snart." Barry demanded.

"Damn right we do." Joe said with as much determination. "Come on, let's go."

Walking into the CCPD, Eddie spotted us and immediately ran to us, shouting Joe's name. "We got a hit. Second pair of prints." He handed Joe a file filled with papers. Eddie took a moment to acknowledge my presence by nodding to me, along with a small smile. We did that anytime we had to remain in work. I smiled and nodded back. "They belong to a Mick Rory."

"His new partner." I state, under my breath.

"Who is he?" Barry asks as we all studied the file Joe held.

"Big time arsonist. He and Snart worked a job last year that went bad. Half of Rory's body was burned in a fire that got out of control. He escaped an ambulance on the way to the hospital, hasn't been seen since." He explains. "Why would they kidnap someone like Caitlin?"

"Joe, Thawne!" Captain shouts, leaving his office. "It's on every station." He turns the volume up on the television. Everyone's attention was now on the television.

The first thing heard was someone struggling, and the first thing seen was Snart's ugly ass face taking up almost the entire screen. Like seriously dude, back up.

If you continued to look, you could see someone holding Caitlin as she struggled to free herself. My blood boiled at the thought of someone hurting her. If they leave so much as a bruise on her, they're screwed. I already know for a fact we'll get her back and when we do, I don't see a problem in messing around with Snart and his partner before sending their ass's right into their cell.