Secrets Eventually Reveal Themselves

THIRD PERSON POV

Barry, once again, woke up before Destiny. Lately, he has been getting the best amount of sleep, he knew why. It was because of something--someone. Just Destiny's presence by itself did wonders.

She made Barry act differently. He was still the same dorky scientist, but she lit a lttile fire in him. Making him able to kiss her more and more without being so shy about it. If any other girl were to come up and kiss Barry, he'd freeze, most likely pull away too and apologize. But if Destiny did it, he'd have no shame in kissing back eagerly. The only reason he'd froze in front of everyone back at the Christmas Party was because his family and friends were there--witnessing a new side of him.

Not only that but Iris saw him with her. After he had told her he was in love with her, with Iris. Barry didn't want Iris to think Destiny was a rebound, nor a way to help him move on. Destiny was more than that.

Barry has kissed girls before, he also has had girlfriend. Although, he has never had a girl like the one he now has. All his other ones weren't as reckless, sarcastic, and independent. People who surrounded him always thought Barry's type was nerdy, clumsy girls who were anti-social, much like his younger self. But Barry didn't have a type.

He knew for a fact he loved Destiny, and all he wanted to do was tell her. That would lift weights off his shoulders. But so many disadvantages held him back. Like what if she doesn't feel the same? What if she thinks he's moving too fast and she gets weirded out? Causing her to break up with him. Leaving him.

The thought brought a sting to Barry's heart.

A date, he thought. We need to go on a date. And we need to go on it really really soon. Barry got excited at the thought. But where?

Destiny hadn't talked about restaurants much, except for Portillos. But not too long ago, he came home to see an empty plastic to-go Portillos cup sitting on the counter. Which told him she went there not too long ago.

He was debating on going full on romantic. Candles, wine, music playing softly, dressing in a suit. Or moving the couch out of the living room, which would lead him to laying blankets and pillow all over the floors, along with snacks. Then he'd turn off the lights and they could watch anything, anything she desired.

Destiny seemed more of the comfortable not fancy type. She'd most likely prefer the stay-in and watch movies all night. But Barry didn't know that, he was still confused about it all.

The struggling boyfriend decided to decide later, for now he'd get information. Such as her go-to tv shows and movies. He knew she loved superheroes and romantic comedies. Maybe he'd rent a movie, a new one they could enjoy together? Barry sighed at the questions and thoughts.

This time, he stayed in bed. Instead of dancing around and, making breakfast. He thought it would be better to stay in the position he currently was in. Which was Destiny resting her head on his chest, her head in the crook of his neck. Plus, he thought he could possibly wake her up--and that was the last thing he wanted to do.

She looked so peaceful and calm. Her body rose up and down, her light breathing sounding almost silent. Her hair pulled back in a ponytail she sometimes put it in before going to bed. Barry was always thankful for that, if she hasn't done that Barry would wake up with brown hair scattered all over his face. Barry had his right arm wrapped around her, pulling her close. He let his left arm lay flatly on his bed.

Guilt suddenly washed through him, causing him to frown instead of smile as he looked at her.

I should've told her, he scolded himself. Barry feels like should've told Destiny he confessed to Iris. There were many advantages to telling her, and disadvantages.