Treachery

"What do you want, Cisco?"

"Robbery at the convenience store on Brand and Paulson."

"Ugh, why are you calling me first about this for once? Why not call Barry first like you guys always do?" I huff, glancing over at Molly impatiently waiting for me to get off the phone already.

Her arms dropped in annoyance, the dark green one-shoulder dress in her left hand and the maroon strapless one in her right hand swept the floor. I was helping her pick out her outfit for her date with Derek tonight, the boyfriend I've heard so much about recently.

"Barry's on a--he's busy--"

"So you did call actually call him first?"

"I--yo--no--YOU'RE MISSING THE POINT," he stuttered out, "Destiny, a poor little old lady is getting robbed as we freaking speak and you're wasting time!"

Damn, "A poor little old lady?" I pout.

"Oh it always a poor little old lady."

"Dammit, fine!" I huff again as I disappear from Molly's view for a few seconds. I run to the convenience store, kick the robber's ass, and return the money they had stolen—all while noticing no little old lady.

"No little old lady!" I shout to Cisco, who was still on the line. I hear a chuckle before he hangs up.

Annoyed, Molly snaps her fingers at me. "Hello?! Earth to Destiny, I thought you came here to help me."

"I did!—Er, I am! Sorry, continuar, por favor."

"Okay..so which dress?" She holds both up to her body.

"Well try them both on on, duh." I roll my eyes, like she should know by now.

"Oh yeah!" She says excitedly. She scurried off into her bathroom to change, grabbing the maroon dress first.

Just as she disappears, Jesus takes place as the second person in the room. His light brown hair was a ruffled mess as his head hung low. He mumbled an unenthusiastic "hola" to me before walking back into his room, not really giving me the chance to say hi back.

Good talk.

Molly told me that night they went to the bar without me, a girl walked up to Jesus and even offered her number. But Molly said the only reason he took it was to be nice to the girl, but he wasn't planning on calling her. Jesus is so bent over what happened with his ex, poor baby.

Molly swung her bathroom door open dramatically. Keeping her chin high and her movements slow as she strut in front of me, showing off her skin tight maroon dress that ended almost at the knee.

"Thank you, next!" I hummed happily to her. She didn't need to be told twice, cause she was back to changing in the bathroom in a second.

Then my phone went off again, making me groan. But this time it was Joe.

"What little old lady is getting robbed now?" I said aloud to myself before answering. "Hello?"

"Hey. I know you're busy tonight but we got a jumper on 52nd and Waid."

"Crap—okay, on it." I say without a second thought.

Sure enough, a man stood on the edge of a skyscraper with cops, firefighters and nosy people all at the bottom, watching and recording him--some even shouting for him not to do it. Even Eddie.

Quickly, I grab the man and bring him down to safety before he can shove me away. I drop the man off right in front of Eddie, allowing him to do the rest. Before running back to Molly again, I look back at Eddie for just a second to see him smile as his eyes follow the light of my streak.