"Relationship Goals"

I couldn't face him.

Last night, we barely made eye contact. Actually, we didn't make eye contact. When I told him I was too tired to talk, he accepted it and went straight to bed like I did. We both slept in his bed, but I might as well should've slept in mine since we didn't touch at all in his bed.

I didn't curl up next to him like I usually do, or lay my head on his chest like I usually do, or even tangle our legs together. I didn't even face him! We sat on the opposite sides of the bed in hopes of us not touching each other. The tension felt so thick--I thought I'd might suffocate. There was too much rushing through my head last night that I got very little sleep.

I feel like there's something wrong with me, I feel it. But I don't know what it is exactly.

This morning I woke up and he was already gone, long gone. But he was nice enough to leave me a donut on the counter he picked up from Jitters.

But anyway, it's morning now and reporters and watchers are gathered in the CCPD to watch and report Dr. Wells make his big speech he had been preparing for.

"Are you okay?" Iris nudged me, looking offly worried. I put on a smile and nodded, avoiding eye contact with her as well. "You're a little shaky," she watched my hands tremble, "are you sure?"

"F-Fine. Didn't get much sleep." I shrugged.

"Okay." She dragged out the word, not seeming the least bit convinced. She then turned to the man next to her, making conversation with him since I wasn't so cooperative.

Seconds later Dr. Wells wheeled into the room and the cameras were on him in a second. "Thank you for coming on such short notice." He began. I heard clicking sounds coming from every direction, even the reporters were already taking notes. As I looked around the room, my eyes caught Barry's, who was looking back at me. Flustered, I quickly looked down.

"And for those of you that read the ten-volume report issued by the Norris Commission, well I commend you on your tenacity. You already know then, the circumstances that led to the explosion of the S.T.A.R. Labs particle accelerator. Or rather, you think you do. Now, the commissions finding was that the catastrophe was caused by a chain of events that nobody could have predicted, including myself. The truth is...I was warned there was a chance the particle accelerator might fail." Just like that, everyone's faces morphed into multiple different reactions, but something all the reporters did was write like ten times quicker. It was still quiet though, everyone was eager to hear exactly what he had to say.

"I was warned by a former colleague, a friend. I chose to ignore the warning, and in so doing, I let down all of you. As a new friend pointed out," Dr. Wells looked over to his left--which is where Barry was, leaning against a door frame. "-I failed this city. I failed this city and I failed those who trusted me the most. By coming forward today, it's my hope I'm taking the first step toward regaining that trust. And your trust as well. Are there any questions?" The silence was gone and the room was filled with questions being thrown and some even shouted them at Dr. Wells.

"Do you have any intention of rebuilding the particle accelerator?" One tall reporter asked.

Completely dodging the question, Dr. Wells glanced at the woman standing behind the tall man. The woman was Iris. "Ms. West, do you have a question for me?"

Iris stepped forward, in front of the all man now and spoke, "I don't believe you answered my colleague's question Dr. Wells, so I'll asking it again." Her voice was loud and confident and clear. I smiled, happy she was stepping up. "Do you have any intention of rebuilding the particle accelerator either now or in the future?"