Just A Game

"Yeah right." I snapped at Cisco.

"I'm telling you! Once you find out later, you'll be like," he paused to make a high pitched voice, "Oh! I never knew that!"

"Okay, one, I don't sound like that." I popped a fry from Big Belly Burger in mouth, "two, not possible." Cailtin walks over annoyed.

"What is it this time?" She questions.

"He thinks that Victoria's Secret is that its a dude." I explain. Caitlin nods her head at us in a disapppointed way.

"Oh god," she mutters before walking away. Me and Cisco share a glance until bursting into laughter.

"Fry?" I ask.

"Why not?" Cisco shrugs, snatching a few out of my hand. But our arguement was cut short when Caitlin gives us bad news.

>>>>>>

"Hey, what's wrong? Did Eiling find out your here?" Barrys asks as he walks into the Cortex while we all have long faces. Right now, my screaming can wait. Because even though last night he really pissed me off, I realized I can't do anything about it.

"No. Caitlin was about to tell me the not-so-good news." Bette muttered, but loud enough for everyone to hear. I honestly felt really bad for Bette. She doesn't deserve this.

"The shrapnel in your body, has merged with you on a cellular level." Caitlin began.

"The technology required to unsplice your DNA....it hasn't been invented yet." Dr. Wells finished, shaking his head. I shifted uncomfortably in the chair I was currently sitting in.
Then turned my head for Barry's reaction.

"Bette..." Barry whispered as she shed a tear.

"It's okay." She lied. "Roger that. I just need a minute. Don't worry. I'm pretty sure I can cry without blowing stuff up." She quickly got up and walked out the room.

Frowning at the girl, I got up too, to go after her. But was pulled back by Barry.

"Just give her time." He whispered to me. I realized he was right, she must need the time alone to herself. So I understood and sat back down.

"What now?" I spoke up.

"She joins us. Becomes part of the team." Barry answered. I nodded in agreement.

"Barry, Destiny. You both have an amazing ability to help people. She makes things explode." Caitlin protested.

"She's the first meta-human that's not hell bent on destroying the city." I objected. Now Caitlin did have a point, but like I said, she doesn't deserve this. And we can at least try to help her.

"She's too dangerous." Dr. Wells added quickly.

"She's not going in the pipe-line." Barry stated.

"I'm not suggesting she go in the pipe-line. But were she to remain in S.T.A.R. labs and put all of us at risk." Dr. Wells pointed out.

"From who? Eiling?"

"Eiling is a dangerous man Barry, we do not want him as an enemy." Now I was getting frustrated. How could they not want to help her?

"After the lightning bolt, what if you hadn't found us? Hell, it could've been me. Hunted, on the run, cut off from everyone I know and care about. You guys saved me. Us." I glanced at Barry.

"And I wanna save her just as bad as you do, Destiny. We all do." Caitlin said.

>>>>>>>