Ch 1: Back in Berk

Hiccups POV

It's been 3 years since I've been back here, Berk my home. I missed this place so much and I miss my old friends as well. "You ready for your first day of Junior year at Berk sweaty" my mom Valka asked me. "Yeah I'm kinda nervous though." I say to her as she drives me to school right now. "Well just be yourself sweety you'll get along with everyone as long as your kind to everyone you meet. And who knows you might meet your old friends again at school" my mom says really cheerful about the whole thing. "Yeah I guess mom I'll try." I tell her "that's good sweaty, now pay attention to our surroundings now this is going to be the only time I drive you to school cause next time your walking." Mom tells me while I just shrug it off and look out the window.

My time in California was something really different from Berk. I met new people over there I wasn't used to meeting but I got alright over there. We left Berk when I was in 8th grade cause my Dad was coaching the Trojans Football team since he was a former all American Quarterback for Berk High and the Washington Huskies here in Washington state. While my mom was a nurse there but she got a chance to transfer back to Berk with me and my dad so it all worked out. But for me in Cali it was at first kinda weird I didn't know how to act or who to be friends with until I met this one girl my freshmen year one day at school. She had black slick hair with green eyes like me, she was really pretty and innocent looking at first. But once I got to know her more I found out she was bit of a trouble maker but I didn't mind cause she was nice to me and was really my only friend over there. We spent all our time with one another freshman year but at the end of that year I told her that I liked her and she told me she did too. Since then we dated we grew very intimate with one another that, we went on dates, slept at one another's houses family parties and etc. I really enjoyed being with her she was so fun and out going but rebellious towards authoritie and stuff like that but I didn't mind it was fun cause that made Heather, Heather and I loved it. I took up Boxing there more in Hollywood training and getting amateur fights under my belt winning some championships like the golden gloves like twice. I thought I was going to stay in Cali for the rest of my life but something kept telling something that my place was back in Berk. I started to see a girl instead of Heather in my dreams and it made me feel weird but not in a bad way but I don't know how to explain it though it seemed like something was calling me back.

But when I finally got the news that me and my family were going back it almost crushed my heart because I knew that meant leaving Heather. But  when I went to tell her one day she completely flipped out on me and got all angry that I was leaving I tried to explain to her that I would try keep in touch as much as I can with her but she wouldn't take it. She was so hurt that for the last couple days that we had together with one another she ended up not liking me and anymore. And on the last day in Cali I went to her house to say my goodbyes but when I opened the door I found out that she already moved on and quick to some Jock from our school. I left and slammed the door seeing them too together she moved on so quick like I never existed in her life. She was my first girlfriend, kiss, lover and first someone I thought I was going to be with a long time. I never got to hear her explaimation after that day I just walked home before she could say anything. But now that I'm back in Berk I don't know I feel like that nothing has change and it felt nice but that strange feeling kept telling me I needed to meet someone again. The feeling made me feel weird almost like the same way I felt whenever I saw Astrid my childhood crush. I don't know I'll figure it out some time this week but for now I need to get used to the Highschool life of Berk.

"Ok sweaty we are here." My mom says stopping the car in the drop off point of the school. "Ok mom thanks I love you." I tell her as I exit the car "I love you too sweaty have a nice day at school". she says as I close the door. My mom drove off back home since she had a day off from work today at the Hospital, while my Dad was out coaching with the other coaches at Washington state. As I entered the school I look around only to see how big the whole place is I know for sure I was going to get lost a couple times in this school if I don't have some one help me around here. Once I entered the main building where all the kids were gathering to meet and get there schedules and lockers and books stuff like that. I walked towards the table down the hall to get my stuff but on my way there I saw that some girls were looking at me and whispering to one another as I passed by. What??? did I have something on face or something do I look ugly today. So to break the awkwardness I just waved at them as I  passed and smiled saying "hi" in a kind voice. The group of girls just giggled and blushed as I passed by uhh that was weird but whatever I'll just shrug it off then.  But once I got to the front of the lines to get all my school things I was greeted by a silver head guy with a blue hoodie that said frost on the upper right part of the chest area of his hoodie sweater. He wore brown high water shorts and navy blue chucks. "Uhhh Hi I'm here to get my things." I say grabbing the silver hair guys attention. "Oh hey what's up man last name please?" He asks. "Oh it's Haddock, Hiccup Haddock the 3rd by the way." I tell him. "Hmmm Haddock....... Haddock oh here you are ." The silver head tells me as he gives me my locker number and class schedule with all the other materials I need. "Oh cool thanks......" I say not wanting to call him by the name in my head 'silver head'. "Jack, Jack Frost and your welcome Haddock welcome to Berk High." Jack says to me. "Oh thanks Jack I'll be seeing you around then, see ya later." I say as I leave the table with all my things in my arms and my papers in my pocket. Once I got to a place where I could stop and put all my things in my bag so I can take out my locker number and stuff so I can go put my stuff in it.

Once that was done I looked at my paper with my locker into and started my search. "Hmmm 1354" I say to myself looking around and not paying attention to my surroundings. After wandering a couple minutes or two I finally found my locker. My locker was just the left of this one girl I saw with blonde hair that was in a ponytail. She wore a blue Berk track jacket and black yoga pants. She looked really pretty from where I was standing and also she looked really familiar the more I looked at her. So I decided to go talk to so I can put my things in my locker. So I walked over to her, if I was freshman year Hiccup I would be so nervous right now to be walking distance of any girl but times have change and Im more confident now. "Ahem excuse but I think my locker is 1354 the one your next to." I say real politely to her. No response that's weird did I not say it loud enough thats when I noticed she had head phones on and clearly couldn't hear me huh silly Hiccup you should kept that in mind I say to myself as I face palm myself in my head. So I tried a different approach so I tapped her on shoulder real gently so I don't startle her. But her response was something really something that I remember when I was in the 8th grade. She turned around to sock my right shoulder man does this girl hit hard and she is real violent. "Owwww jeez what was that for!??!" I exclaim to her as I rub my now soar shoulder bending over in pain not showing my face to her. "Hey what do think your doing sneaking up on a girl like that?!?!" She asks back to me really frustrated and angry. "What ? I wasn't sneaking up on you I just wanted to ask you what your name was and plus to tell you excuse me cause my locker is 1354 the one your standing in front of it!" I say still in pain from the punch but this time I looked up to the girl who just punched me. And what I saw was a really beautiful blonde hair girl with the bluest eyes that were so perfect that I think I could stare into forever. "Oh I see, sorry then I didn't know anyone had this locker next to me. The names Astrid Hofferson by the way." Astrid says and my eyes lit up as soon I heard  her name. "Astrid..." I say to myself which she obviously picked up and responded saying "Yeah Astrid, it's Astrid." She says to me now annoyed. "What's your name then?" She asked me and I felt so much indescribable feelings right now seeing her again that my response shot out of me. "Astrid it's me Hiccup don't you remember me." I say to her but one second I knew I was staring into her pretty blue eyes then the next thing I was on the floor with a bruised jaw Oh God's what happened now??????

Hey guys first chapter of my new book. I deleted my last book because it didn't sit well with me so I'm making this one but it's only HICCSTRID. So Ya that's the jist of it so AS ALWAYS THANKS FOR THE VIEW AND PEACE OUT Y'ALL!!!!!