Ch 38: Loser

Third Perosn POV

The game was at 18- 17 Berserkers on top, both teams were dueling out hard with one another. Hiccup our hero of the story has been beaten up during this game, but is still fighting his heart out on the field. Berk has the ball and they are positioned on the 30 yard line with time ticking down from 20 seconds the team only needed 6 points to win, but there were no timeouts to use and plus Hiccup was the kicker and was badly injured to even kick.

So Hiccup relied on his running back Flynn who was having a great 100 yard game today. As Hiccup handed the ball to Flynn, Flynn stiffed arm the first defender to the floor and broke out running. To the 25 ......... to the 20......... to the 15....... juking a corner back to get to the 10 and just using all he can do as defenders jumped on his back to get the ball right down to the 5 yard line.

With no time to draw up a play, Hiccup simply called a no huddle play. "GREEN 80!!!!!!! GREEN 80!!!! SET!!!! HIKE!!!!!" Hiccup yelled as the ball snapped to him; all went slow for our hero who looked at his options to throw the ball. When looking left he saw Kristoff double teamed. But to his right Tuff was open just a bit so he flipped the 50/50 coin and threw it to him. When he threw it Dagur who managed to get passed Flynn who was blocking, delivered one more vicious hit onto Hiccup.

The ball went to Tuff  .................. But as Tuff went to catch it....... someone else caught it and it wasn't a Berk player......... the ball was intercepted by one of the Berserkers with no time on the clock the Berserkers win since they were up by just one point.......... the crowd gasped in shock.

Hiccups POV

After seeing the ball intercepted I dropped to my knees in defeat. I messed up so bad right now I can't even explain how mad I am. I looked around me and the whole Berserker crowd was cheering and the Bersekrer team was cheering especially Dagur........ He ran to his team and pointed at me mocking me for my mistake. "Hahahah look at that loser Hiccup." Dagur yelled out loud for me to hear.

I stood up from my knees and walked to the locker room as all the guys did on the team. When I passed them they looked at me in disappointment. I saw Kristoff and Joe limping..... they look hurt. I gather as much will power I could and ran up to them. "Hey you guys alright you???" I asked concerned. "Yeah we're fine we are just a little beat up Hiccup......." Joe says to me. "Oh...... ok that's good, hey guys sorry about the game." I also say to make them not feel bad.

"Dude it's ok rookie mistake its alright." Kristoff says limping away with Joe helping each other out to walk. As they went they had sad faces on just like mine. I headed to the locker room with the others sad about our defeat.

Once in there I undressed from uniform into my normal street clothes. Then suddenly Jack came to me, I looked up and said "Hey Jack what's up?" I asked still bummed out. "Hey man I just wanted to let you know some reporter's are here and well........." Jack paused to say. "Well what why are they here???" I asked confused I didn't know why reporter's are here. "Well because they found out your Stoicks son and wanted to report the prodigy football son." Jack says annoyed by it.

"Huh really 'prodigy son'???? I just started this football thing." I say to him. "I know I know it's going to be a pain, but Stoick is a bit name around here and well your his son and play football. Just be ready for alot allot of questions ok." Jack says to me and I just sigh in defeat. "Yeah fine I will. But I'm just walking to my car then leaving as soon as I'm there." I tell him . "Thats good you don't want to be trapped by them vicious reporter's they want to know everything." Jack warns me. "Yea thanks man I'll keep that in mind......" I said as I finally got dressed.

As I headed out from the locker room, I saw Astrid she ran to me "Hiccup oh my god there you are!!!" Astrid yelled as she came over to me and hugged me. But once she yelled my name the reporters flocked around me and Astrid. "Hiccup!!! Hiccup !!! Ohhh Hiccup !!! Please answer some questions." Most of them all said. "I just sighed and walked towards the parking alot. "Fine what is it???" I ask them and Astrid gave me a confused look "Hiccup you dont have too." She whispers to me as we walked.

"You are the only son of Stoick Haddock right??? The legend of Berk High and Washington state college Football!??!" One reporter asked. "Huh yes I am, his only son." I say simply, Astrid just hugged onto me not liking the attention and to be honest I'm hating it. "What drove you to follow your Father's footsteps in Football??" Another asked. "I just find it fun so I joined the team." I said annoyed. "How does it feel to lose your a game finally??" The last reporter asked me, that's when Heather's face appeared in my head, I saw her devilish smile and how much pain she brought onto me. Then I saw Dagurs face who in my head said "Heather sends her regards......" uhhhhhh she had him work for her all this time, just to beat me up. I brought myself out my thoughts and answered them bluntly.

"Sucks dick..... I'm done with this interview." I say as I enter Mom's car. While in the car dad sat shotgun and looked out the window at the reporters in disgust. "Huhhh son have no shame in your loss the reporters just make it seem it's bad." Dad tells me. I just grudgingly sigh and say "Yea they do." I said. "Well let's just get out of here, these reporter's are ticking me off". Astrid says as she held my hand. "Agreed sweety let's go." Mom says as she pulls out of the parking space to drive us home.

An hour later me and Astrid and my parents got to Astrids place. I walked her out to her door. Once at the door, Astrid turned to me before I could knock. "Babe it's ok what happened out there you did your very best." Astrid consoles me. "Yeah thanks Astrid, it's just I didn't feel myself thats all." I say to her trying to play off the real reason. But this is Astrid so she could tell immediately. "Babe come on don't lie to me what's the real reason?" Astrid asks. "Huh....... it's just the whole Hetaher thing keeps making me up all night and I can't shake it from my thoughts." I tell her nervously. "Babe ..... come on....... it's going to be alright....." Astrid says. But deep down I know that it's not going to be alright. "No..... no babe it's not I dont want to believe it but it feels like it's not and if this thing might actually turn out to be true I dont want you to be hurt by it." I tell Astrid with tears welling up in my eyes.

That's when Astrid grabbed me by the collar and said "Hey now Hiccup I've waited 2 years to see you again, and  I'll be damned if some ex of yours tries to split us up with some pregnancy scare that I honestly believe is fake. So to end all of this off Hiccup ...... I love you and if you go through pain I'll go through it too." Astrid tells me gripping my shirt. Now coming to the actually realization of it all I held Astrids hand that gripped my shirt.

"Astrid thanks..... I needed that." I honestly tell her. Astrid smiled at me and leaned up to me close to say, "good now come here you big scaredy cat." Astrid says. "Heeeey...." I was cut off mid sentence by her lips since she kissed me on the lips hard cutting off my speech. I just gave in and kissed back. Huh if I didn't have her around I think I would have been a mess.

Next chapter will all be about Astrid......... BUT AS ALWAYS THANKS FOR THE VIEW AND PEACE OUT Y'ALL!!!!!