Ch 62: Happy Hour

Stoicks POV

Seeing everyone happy and celebrating I could see my son Hiccup talking and socializing with not only his girlfriend's but all his friends. Hehehe there was a time where he would be so afraid of doing that he would hide behind me as the other kids played. But Astrid was to stubborn to let my boy alone. She would always have her eyes on him I'm so happy she still does and Hiccup has his still on her because they love each other.

Me, Valka, Spitelout, his wife, Gobber, Gothi, and Angela plus a couple of other parents that I didn't quite meet formally were sitting and drinking a bit. I was brought out of my thoughts by the voice of Marcus, "Excuse me.... Mr. Haddock".  I turned and I saw the young tall man looking at me respectively but when I made eye contact with him he looked down.

"Oh well hello Ladd your Marcus I assume." I tell him. He just stood up straight and said, "Yes sir I am." He said very respectively. I just chuckled a tiny bit and said, "NO need to be formal Ladd, your the hero of the game." I tell him and he seemed to relax more. "What's on your mind Ladd?" I asked Marcus.

"Ohhh... well..." before Marcus get to what he wanted to say Gobber interrupted and said "Marcus is great kid Stoick, he's hard working, keeps his grades up and loves football....." I stopped Gobber and asked him. "What are you getting at Gobber hahah?" I laughed as I asked the question. "Well sir..... I was wondering after Highschool you can give me and my friend a shot to play for your school...." he said eyes trailing off away.

I stood up and looked at him up and down intently. I'm a nice man but when it comes to football I believe the strong will survive but the smart will always thrive. So I decided to ask him a set of questions first so I can see if he is worthy.

Stoick: are you willing to do what it takes for the team?

Marcus: yes sir of course.

Stoick: what's important to You?

Marcus: Family, School, Football

Stoick: Good last question.

Marcus: yes sir anything.

Stoick: who is your friend that you mentioned?

Marcus: oh.... my best friend...

I looked at Marcus as his eyes trailed off to his feet in what to me looked like sadness. He then said as he was looking down at his feet despite being tall and big, "Joe he is my best friend and well he couldn't make it tonight because he was injured during the game. You must have seen it but he's a great return man." Marcus tells me.

I put my hands on my waist and look at him, then to Gobber who nodded and me. "Ayeee he is I've seen him play. He seems like a great player. Tell me Ladd why do you want to go to my team?" I asked him in the end of sentence.

"Oh well because I want to make my family and Joe's family proud of us....." he tells me truthfully as he looked up to me proudly with a speck of tears brimming out his eyes. "Ayeee I see hehehe well I know I said I would ask you one last question earlier and well here's the last one." I tell him and he nods in response.

"What is your dream college in terms of you and Joe?" I ask him. "Well honestly sir, it is actually USC." Marcus told me looking away. I started to smile then break out of laughter. "Hahahahahah great choice Ladd." I tell him. "W-what ???" Marcus says confused.

"Ladd I was the coach at USC for 3 years and well seeing you and your friend Joe play I can honestly say that they'll want you..... And well I'll make sure you will go there." I tell him happily. With those words being said Marcus eyes widen and he just had the biggest smile on his face and started celebrating like he won the Superbowl.