Ch 4: Misunderstandings

Astrid's POV

Everything was fine I was actually really happy today for once in my track career. To be honest with you every second that past in practice I felt closer and closer to finally being able to hang out with Hiccup after 3 years of being away from one another. But that's when I saw Hiccup and Ruff starting to get more touchy with one another in a way that made feel jealous. "Grrrr why are they doing that in front of me!?!" My inner me said. As the practice ended the thing that made me really ticked off was when I was finishing I saw Ruff and Hiccup hugging really long. They separated and looked at one another and went back to hugging once again. That's when my inner me told me "just ignore Hiccup when he asks you to hang out don't even say hi to him" inner me said. And that's what I did as Hiccup truer to come and say hi to me I didn't respond. I noticed he looked back at Ruff and came to running towards me. But I tried to ignore until he said "Astrid wait up why you did you leave me hanging???" Hiccup asked me. I turn to him and looked at him with a angry face. "Because you seem to be having more fun with Ruff right then so I decided not to disturb you twos hugging session." I told him crossing my arms at him. He then gave me a look that only said really "Astrid, look me and Ruff  haven't seen each other in 3 years why can't we have some time together" hiccup questioned me. "Because you seem to like her when you do that with one another like like each other" I tell him. Ok that was kinda childish to say but whatever. "Astrid I never liked Ruff and I would never will we were hugging because we are like brother and sisters and that's what we just do." Hiccup explains to me. And that's when it hit me I remember when we were kids Ruff and Hiccup and Tuff were like 3 triplets who loves one another as family even though Hiccup wasn't really there family he always was treated like he was. I now felt kinda embarrassed by saying that to him. "Oh now i remember I'm sorry Hiccup." I tell him looking away from him. "It's alright Astrid you just didn't understand" he says stepping fourth to me and opening his arms for me to hug. I know I have a rep of being someone being tough and not lovey dovey but come on its Hiccup and the inner me was kicking me in the head to hug him cause I still have a crush on him after 3 years of being away from one another. As we hugged I could feel his heart beat through his  t-shirt. It was calming and nice and I could smell the cologne he was wearing and man did it smell good man did Hiccup really build a sense of fashion. But then he said something I never expected him to say "But Astrid there is someone I like but I don't think I'm ready to tell her yet." He tells me that's when my heart stopped and I asked myself. "Oh God's could this mean he like someone else or does this mean he likes me !??!?!" I asked myself in my head. I could only answer with a shy tone "Oh I see, mind telling me who she is ?" I ask wanting to know who he likes. "Well all I can say is that she's beautiful as the day I first met her and she has eyes that I can stare into forever. I could go on but it would give to much away." Hiccup tells me with a smirk and a wink. "Oh I see you must really like her then Hiccup" I tell him shyly oh God's why am I so shy with Hiccup right now uhhh uhh I used be so comfartbale when we were younger. We separated and looked at one another before Hiccup said "So still upto hang out?" Hiccup asks me. I just smiled at him still wanting to hang out and said "yeah let's walk to my house and just talk for a bit ok?" I tell him. "Sure thing let me just tell Ruff where I'm going. You know or she'll be a worried big sister if she doesn't know" he says with a laugh after. "Yeah Ruff was always protective of you back then and still is." I say laughing at the joke. "Hey Ruff!!!" Hiccup yelled. Then Ruff popped around the corner and said "what is it!?!?" She responds back. "I'm going to Astrids house you good?" He asks but then Ruff came stomping over and said "nooooo I'm not" she says. She then grabbed Hiccups arm and said "You still don't have my number or Tuffs" she says taking out a marker and writing there numbers on his arm. "Haha stop it tickles" Hiccup says squirming under Ruffs marker. "There finished just text me your number later and please Hiccup be safe" Ruff says in concerned voice. Hiccup rolled his eyes and smiled "Ok big sister Ruff I will" he says. Ruff smirked and said "You better be I'll catch you two later at lunch ok" she says before hugging Hiccup. "Oh and also it's nice to see you back to normal again Astrid after 3 years I wonder what was your motivation to being like this?" she says looking at Hiccup with a smirk and me and Hiccup blush under her look. "Yea thanks Ruff I'll see you tomorrow" I tell her. "Ok Astrid I'll will and I'll see you two tomorrow." Ruff says leaving me and Hiccup behind."So want to lead the way I'm still rusty finding my way around Berk again" he tells me. "Yeah sure I will Hiccup" I tell him but then he walks up to me and wraps my arm around his and he looked to me smirking before he said "lead the way m'lady" he says to me and I blushed really red as I looked away from him."Sure ok follow me" I say to him.

As we draw closer to my house with arms still attached to one another. I still felt a bit of embarrassed by holding on to Hiccup but I ended up enjoying it and went with it. As I separated from him to open the door we were greeted by my mom's face and she held a scowl as she saw Hiccup. "Astrid who's this guy you are bringing home ???" She questions me still looking at Hiccup. "Mom this is our old friend Hi......" I was going to say Hiccup but I was cut off by his voice. "Mrs. Hofferson it's me Hiccup don't you remember me???" Hiccup says in a happy tone. That's when my mom's eyes widen as she finally realized it was him. "Hiccup is that really you!?!?" My mom says as she rushes toward him and gives him a big hug. "Yeah it's me Mrs.Hofferson I'm back from Cali you see." Hiccup says to her. "Yeah I was going to get to that." I say as my mom unleashes her grip from Hiccup. "Oh you have changed so much since the last time I seen you Hiccup." My mom says looking up at him since she was very short women compared to Hiccup. "Yeah it has been Mrs.Hofferson it really has." Hiccup tells her. "Oh Hiccup you don't need to call me that anymore your obviously a grown man now. So call me Angela for now on. Hiccup so what are you and my daughter doing her now?" She tells us. "Well mom if you must ask me and Hiccup and I are here to you know catch up and stuff we have been away from one another for some time now so I just wanted some one on one time  with another." I say to my mom. But she just smiled at me and looked at us both then to Hiccup "Well are you sure you just want to catch up with Hiccup because  he is a very handsome young man who seems to look like he changed very much over these 3 years. You know young people fun. " she says as we both blush madly after her response. "Mom nooooo we were not planning on doing anything of that today!!!" I tell her. She just smiled at us and said "So you two are planning on doing this some other day then?" She asks us. That's when we began to blush even more as she said that "no mom no just uhhhhhh come on Hiccup let's just talk ok in my room" I say to Hiccup as I grab him by the wrist pulling him by the wrist upstairs to my room. "Use protection you two!!!" She says as we go upstairs "mom no we are not doing any of that please stop!!!!" I say as I'm up the stairs.

Hiccups POV

As I entered Astrids room I could tell she was really annoyed by her mom. But I had to admit her mom was very cute for her age and she has aged well in her older years. But really she is the complete opposite of her daughter. Once fully in the room Astrid let go of my hand and said "well Hiccup let's sit come on we have a lot to talk about." Astrid says as she sits on the bed throwing her stuff in the corner of her room. As I sit I could only notice she was still in her sweaty outfit that made her curves really well. I tried not to stare but for God's sake she really looks hot in that outfit. And it has been some time since Ive been in a room with a hot girl well the only other one was Heather but she was not Astrid. "Uhhh Astrid don't you feel like a kind of unconfartable in that right now?" I ask her as my eyes kinda stray to her body. That's when Astrid took notice and she said "oh yeah I am kinda sweaty in this thing so uhhh I'll just change real quick in the bathroom over there hold on  for a second Hiccup I won't take long." She says as she goes takes a change of clothes from her drawer to her bathroom. While I was waiting I got a call from someone I checked it and it was my mom I picked it up "Hey mom what's up?" I asked her. "Oh hey sweety I just wanted to call to see how are you doing are you home yet?" She asks me. "No I'm not home yet actually I'm at Astrids house believe it or not. I'm just here to catch up with her and stuff for old times sake." I tell her. "Oh I see well I'm not going to be home anytime soon they have me working over the clock here and your father is going to be staying over at the  campus with the other coaches working on new things for the team so if you want to ask Astrid if you could sleep over your more than welcome to stay over if they let you." My mom tells me. "Ok I will I'll ask if I can cause I really don't want to head home right now it's really dark oh wait what about Toothless mom???" I ask her. "Oh he's fine sweety I actually took him to work today with me he's sleeping under me right now as we speak." She says. And after that my worries were gone "Ok mom I'll see you tomorrow then ok be safe" I tell her "Ok son I will, tell Angela I said hi too." She says "I will mom I will" I tell her before I hang up the phone. After that Astrid came into the room with clothes that caught my eye. She wore pajama pants that were hanging off to her side meaning it was loose exposing her hips to me and she also wore a tank top that seemed kind a tight on her breast. And man did it really pop out her breast I almost stared at them for a full 5 seconds when I noticed she was almost to the bed. Uhhh man is this night really going to be something I have a feeling it will.

Hey guys so I'm going to cut the chapter there and continue the story of this chapter in the other one mainly because it's getting kinda long and plus I'm lazy. But also not in the next chapter but in the future chapter Hiccstrid will be confirmed in this book.