Ch 45: Game Time

Hiccups POV

I was in the locker room once again, I looked around and saw my teammates they were beat up and tired. Our team were going through a up and down this season. But some how we managed to keep alive as a playoff bound team.

But it came at a cost after most of the games guys would limp of the field beat up and battered. Today it was the game we needed to win though.... if we dont we are kicked from the playoffs. I was sitting next to Kristoff who suprsingly wasn't beat up like the rest of us.

"Hey Kris you ready???" I asked him. "Yea man, I haven't been on a team so close to the playoffs, not even with Snotlout around." Kriss says to me. "Wow man really??? now I feel nervous". I say to him and he just gently smiled at me. "Don't worry man, we all are nervous so don't feel bad we ethier win as a team or lose as one." Kristoff says to me slapping me on the back.

"Thanks man that means alot." I say getting up and going up to walk around I saw Marcus and Joe talking and chilling out on the benches with the other offensive guys. That's when I ran into someone "oh jeez sorry about that dude." The guy told me and I looked into his face and saw a guy with medium dark brown skin he wore the number 42.

"No problem man, hey I never seen you before whats your name?" I ask him. "Oh my name is Sully, short for Sulleven my last name though my first name is hard to pronounce." He tells me. "Ahhh ok that's cool, so whats your position?" I asked him. "Well I was originally just a free safety but Gothi our coach put me as a thumper for punt return." Sully tells me.

"Ahhh I see, they must like having you hit people huh?" I say. He just chuckled at my response.  "Hehehehe yeah I like it I didn't question it." Sully tells me. "Yeah man so you ready?" I ask him he just gave me a look with passion as said. "Heck yeah man, I'm a senior so this is my last year to get a ring."  Sully tells me. "Oh wow really whats your plan after highschool?" I asked.

"Well I'm joining the marines and well I'm going to what life goes from there." Sully tells me. My eyes widen and I could only admire him for his patriotism to serve. "Wow man, well that's cool your serving." I compliment him. "No problem its cool been my dream since birth." He says. I see him take something out of his locker, it was a photo of a girl hugging him and theg seemed so happy.

"Hey what's that?" I asked trying not to be too nosey. "Hehehe this is me and my girl Kyla..... she's a real perky one, she's my motivation in life." He tells me. I then see him out the photo in his helmet taping it to the top. We heard Gobber shout to all of us, "5 Minutes!!!!!!!" Shouted Gobber. "So how long you two been together?" I ask my last question. "Well about a couple months now and I'm hoping longer really." Sully says putting on his helmet.

"Hey man that'll definitely happen. Is she here tonight if we win I'll treat you and your girl to a double date after the game." I tell sully. He smiled ear to ear and said "wow man really???" He asked. I nodded happily, he grinned and said "Well well ill hold you do that then." Sully tells me, we both shook hands and went to the door leading to the field.

On the field.

We were on the field and as always the small stadium was packed. Today we were facing the wolverines a fast paced team who relied on speed. They were also cocky bastards I watched them taunt us from there side. They even had the guts to taunt Sully as he was stretching, he wasnt fazed though. He just gave them a stare that rivaled Astrids glare.

That's when I heard a girl scream, "WHEW!!!!! GO GET THEM MY LOVE!!!" a girl screamed I turmed around thinking it was Punzie but no it was girl next to punzie with glasses that looked fake. Now that I mention it the girl in Sully's photo had the same glasses that must be Kyla.