Ch 51: Clutch

Astrids POV

I watched as our team celebrate, but they weren't the only one celebrating after Sully got the interception and touchdown me and the girls cheered so hard. "Yeah!!!!!!!!" We all screamed. "Omg Sully that was awesome !!!!!" Kyla screamed out waving towards Sully who waved back happily.  "I know right that was totally the best thing I've ever seen at a game live!!!" Anna said all happy and perky.

After the Touchdown and extra point from Jack, the kick off for Hans team commenced. The returner managed to slip some of our guys before getting brought down on the 40 yard line across mid field. With that gain we all started getting louder in our cheers trying to make Hans slip up like the last drive. But this time he looked different he stopped calling out plays and started taking the snap with out any change ups.

Hans dropped back and threw the ball on the money right in the middle of the field for his teammate to grab the ball for a 20 yard gain putting his team on the 20 yard line. With the clock now at 6 minutes into the 3rd quarter Hans had all the time in the world to score a touchdown. Hans now in the shotgun looks left and right before shouting Hike for the ball.

He looked left then right then left again only to throw the ball down the middle for another open wide receiver giving Hans team the lead for the 3rd time today. "Ahhhhhh dammit!!!!" Screamed out Anna as Hans team scored. This put the score 31-24 uhhhhh this is going to be a down to the second game anyone can score in this game....

Third person POV

As the game went on... the game look like a battle between two allowing armies that were well trained and equipped.... Back and fourth each team scored but in different ways. The nightfuries were only able to get field goals for the rest of the 3rd quarter making them trail one touchdown and a two point conversion at the closing minute of the 4th quarter....

Hiccups team were on the 1 yard line with only 1:30 seconds they needed a miracle to win. The score 45 - 40 Berk trailing.... Hiccup was in the huddle with his teammates and started off, "ok guys .... we are all tired ... beat up... and really... really down on points but ... I need you guys to give me your all we can win this." Hiccup said. "We got you Hiccup....." Tuff said with a look of determination. "I'm not going home without a W." Stated Marcus. "I got my girl watching me over there.... I can't disapoint..." Flynn said confidently. And then finally the guys all turned to Kristoff the two way player who is a tight end for the team.... "Just get me the ball and im going to drive my way down that field I got a point to settle against that asshole Hans..." Kristoff stated grudgingly.

"Good .... well if your all done now let's do it then." Fishlegs said suprsingly to them all. "Hahahah your right fish let's do this. Ok the play is Tight end post X- Y on hike." Hiccup said before clapping his hands with his teammates in unison before lining up his offense.

"Green 80!!!! Green 80!!!!" Hiccup calls out to his line men to hear for the protection. "Green 80!!! Set Hike !!!" Hiccup shouts quickly, and took the ball from the center Fishlegs and dropped back 4 steps to look around who to throw. 1 one thousands..... 2 one thousands  ........ 3 one thousands as the play fully developed Hiccup saw it... Kristoff was fully open at the corner of the field down at the 40 yard line.

Hiccup with no hesitation threw the ball, sailing it right into Kristoffs hands away from the defender to get at and strip. With a minute left now Kristoff was taken down at the 50 yard line. The last and only time out was called by the Nightfuries coaches, As Hiccups team jogged there Kristoff lined up with them getting ready for the next play.

Hiccup now in the shotgun called for a audible. "Pittsburgh black!!!! Black!!! Pittsburgh!!!" Shouted Hiccup. This was a run play to the left for Flynn to go to. "Hike!!!!" Hiccup shouted once again amd turned to Flynn handing him the ball to run right between the center and left guard down straight the middle. Juking right ... then left and spinning out the way from the defender he was caught from behind and brought down at the 25 yard line.

The clock ran down now to 40 seconds and it was still ticking...... 39 ... 38... 37... Hiccup knowing this was happening called for another play and ran it with his team. It was a pass this time Hiccup looked right to see a Marcus at the 10 yard line. Hiccup who was being pressured by two linebackers threw the ball up in the air as he was about to be hit...

The ball tumbled in the air and it looked as if it was going to be picked. But the 6ft 1in Marcus jumped in the air and snatched the ball before the defender's could get it. With that catch it put them on the 10 yard line. Hiccup who was slow to get up huddled his team to spike the ball. (A spike means to stopped the clocked.) As he and his team did there was now only 10 seconds on the clock and they were at the 10 yard line.

They desperately needed a touchdown this play or all would be lost. "Alright guys this is it.... one more score and we are one more step closer to a championship game." Hiccup reminded his tired and beat up teammates. "Who wants it???" Hiccup asked his tired and nervous team.... out of all the bunch was Tuffnut... he wasn't as big nor fast but he was always willing to win the game for his team no matter what.

"Alright Tuff it's down to you...." Hiccup says. Now the stage was set Hiccups team were 10 yards from a Divisional championship game. "Set!!!! ........ Hike!!!!" Hiccup shouted one last time. As he dropped back to look for Tuff who was on Hiccups left coming right across the field. The protection for Hiccup broke down and defensive tackles rushed Hiccup. Sending this Hiccup rolled out looking on. Down the field 8...... 7...... 6...... 5..... 4.... still on the move almost out of bounces.......... 4.... Defender's closing in...... Now taking one step back to set his feet Hiccup saw Tuff wide open in the back of the very edge of the end zone and threw the football.

As defender's collided with Hiccup and the clock turning to 0:00 everything went slow for Tuff.... he could feel his breathing slow... calm..... focused as the ball traveled his way he gracefully jumping in the air and caught the ball keeping both feet in while holding the ball securely for the touchdown!!!!!!

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!"jeered the crowd in complete joy. "The NIGHTFURIES!!!!!! ARE THE WINNERS!!!!!" SHOUTED THE CROWD. As the crowd cheered Hiccup who was still on the floor after the massive hit stayed still on the floor..............

That's my update guys amd gals Hiccup helped lead his team to victory...... But at what price?????