Ch 59: The Lover's Look part 2

Hiccups Pov

Game day...... and I'm not the starter I practiced all week with the team, I had to stay in shape just in case I was called up to play for us. Our starter was a good quarterback almost like snotlout he would stay in the pocket and throw bombs.

As we went onto the field the stadium roared in excitement, I smiled and waived at my mom and dad and gave Astrid a hug and a quick kiss as I passed her since she was down by the field helping out. "Hey babe, don't worry if they need you they will call you ok....." Astrid told me as she hugged me.

"Thanks babe." I said to her as I went to the field with the team to stretch before kickoff started. "Hey Hiccup your not starting?" Asked Flynn as I stretched next to him. "Yeah.... Gobber and Gothi thought it would be best to keep me off the field after my injury...." I told him with a sigh.

He just looked at me and looked to the coaches mainly Gothi and Gobber and said, "What are they doing ? This is the playoffs we need you Hiccup.... gahh..... we'll see what happens just make sure your ready Hicc, we may need you." Flynn tells me.

As we finish our stretches we looked on to our opponents..... our opponents was a strong team who've been to the playoffs and won a championship before. They were the Bronze Soldiers, a school predominantly all African American players, students and staff. They were very respectful and educated school that my dad told me about.

As the captain's of both schools went me, Flynn, Marcus and Kristoff and Jack went to go and shake the opposing team's hand as sign as respect before the coin toss. Once there I shook my hand out to shake one of the captain's hands. "Hey I'm Hiccup, hope you have a good game." I said to one of the opposing team members as I shooked his hand.

"Like wise I've heard of you Hiccup and I've got to say you have my respect." The tall Quarterback said to me. "Thank you." I said back to him and each of our captain's shooked hands and gave a respectful comment to other team before choosing the coin side for the coin toss.

We chose tails and lossed the call. So we were going to be on defense for the start of the game. We shooked hands once again before going to our side of the field.

Third person POV

As kickoffs approached Hiccup just sat on the bench to watch his team play. Jack the new kicker boomed his kick off into the sky only to land in the hands of the return specialist of the opposing team. Once caught the man ran following his defenders while running. Berks defenders ran towards the man with the ball only to be met by blockers of the opposing team.

This create a hole for the opposing team's runner to run through. Jack was the only person to be able to get at him. Knowing this Jack ran as fast as he could to the runner to tackle him. Unknown to Jack's view a blocker for the man with the ball was right beside him. As Jack attempted to go for the runner he was blindsided by a massive hit making stop on his tracks.

"Ohhhhhh!!!!" The crowd went as they saw Jack get leveled. "I can't watch!!!" Elsa screamed as she hid herself into Anna's chest after seeing Jack get hit hard. "It's ok Elsa it's ok I bet he's fine." Anna says as she trys to reassure her sister.

As Jack tries to get up Marcus ran to him and asked, "aye yo you ok Jack?" Marcus asks as he helps him off the field. Hiccup who helped as well went to him and was responded by Jack saying, "I like marshmallow in my coco mom...." Jack said dazed

"Oh crap he's done for the game" a paramedic says as he puts Jack on the cart and drives away with him on it. Elsa who was watching cried in horror seeing her boyfriend on the cart and concussed. "Jack!!!!" Screamed Elsa as she ran to her boyfriend following the cart Merida came and followed behind wanting to console her friend.