Ch 49: Play-offs

Hiccups POV

It was the beginning of the play-offs our team was still in contention by barely a bit. We were in the wildcard division that means we have to play more games then other teams to get to the championship game.

The team was on good terms after our last win. We were racking of the momentum and were feeling good. I walked in with Tuff by my side giving weird facts. "Did you know a 5.56 caliber round can destroy concrete like nothing?" Tuff tells me. "Jeez Tuff....... please stop..." I begged him.

"Ok fine....... did you know...." Tuff tried saying but I stopped him in his tracks by covering his mouth. "Better now let's just focus on the task ahead please." I tell Tuff as I slowly take off my hand from his mouth. "Fine .... your no fun Hiccup." Tuff complains to me.

"Dude we are all here to win and go to the playoffs we all need to focus" kristoff tells him. "Gah guys this is the playoffs we need to have fun!!!!" Tuff shouts as us. "We can't all be uptight like a group of squares !!!! We gotta enjoy this like it should be enjoyed!!!!" Tuff told us all finally.

Silenced filled the locker room until someone started to slowly clap soon all of us did. "Yeah!!!! He's we've been playing for this moment we went through Hell and never enjoyed our time here!!!!" I turned to see Sully shouting with such enthusiasm. "Yeah Tuffs right guys!!!!" I shout. "We've been beat up!!!! We've lost games !!! But we haven't had fun in a long time!!!! Let's go out there and have fun and kick ass!!!!" I shout pumping up the team even more.

In the field

Once we got on the field as a team we warmed up our opponents today was the up state prep school of sherman oak (random highschool by the way) they were a good all around team with good playoff wins under there teams belt. I've heard alot alot of there teams quarterback though Hans supposedly he is a good quarterback but he isn't really as good off the field though.

I heard from Elsa that she tricked Anna into liking her so he can sneak his way into there family. Elsa caught on and exposed him I'm so glad she did cause after hearing that he seems like a lady's man who jumps around from girl to girl judging by how I can see right now hes flirting with his side of the crowd.

Mainly all girls he talked to everyone of them acting like a "total sweet heart" I'm being sarcastic though. I averted my focus to the crowd as I did my stretches I spotted Astrid in her same spot as she always sat. I waved to her and recieved a kiss being blown at me. I smiled and blushed as she did that. I received a nudge from Kristoff as he noticed my blushing self, "Our Quarterback is such a love bird" he teased me. "Oh shut up you big blonde country boy". I nudge him back but was useless due to his size.

"Hahaha just messing with you Hiccup, *leans in* between you and me I'm in the same with Anna" Kristoff tells me quietly. I laughed quietly at Kristoffs confession. My attention was spin brought to Gobbers loud old voice. "Bring it in ladds!!!!!!" He called for us and we all jogged to him.

In the center of the huddle was little Gothi she drew on her board and Gobber translated. "Ok ladds today is the day that we must come out victorious, because this game separates us from the playoffs..... we need this win and we go to the wildcard game." Gobber translate then waird for her to write more.

"I want 60 minutes from everyone here. This team is strong team individually most of there players will go to college and the NFL"..... Gobber paused, we all dropped our heads in disappointment but we brought back by Gothi's translation, "But they are no Great team they may be good individually but they are not great together like you guys are!!!!! So I want you to go out there and prove me right!!!!!" Gobber shouted at the end and we all started to get pumped. Before we broke the huddle Sully gave us a pre-game huddle break. "You heard the lady, boys 60 minutes!!!! This is our home!!! Our people !!!!! We got this!!!! Family on 3 !!! family on me !!!! 1!!!! 2!!! 3!!!" Sully shouted ans we all responded at the same time "Family!!!!!!!" We all shouted.

Kick-off

Me and the offense watched on the side as we watched the ball be Kicked off to John in our end zone. He hesitated just for a second and ran. Once he got to the 30 defenders started to trip him up but no avail, side stepping defender's left and right to run straight down the middle into a gapping hole in there defense. John ran and kept going and going!!! Till suddenly all that he had to run was a couple of yards till he made another touchdown for kick off return.

The crowd bursted into pure joy cheering for him. He ran back to us and we all gave him out applause. I'm the other side I saw the angry face of Hans he staired at me and nodded and gave me a cocky grin. As the next play kicked off Hans team had the ball and now suddenly the lady's man came out to a roar of girls crying his name. I cringed and looked back to Astrid who gave me the same face. 

Third person POV

As Hiccup watched Astrid and her friends watched as Hans commanded his offense with authority. "I hate him so much" Elsa says out loud, "same sister" Anna replied back. That's when Anna stood up and yelled "Go kick his ass Kristoff!!!!" Anna said standing up only to receive a nod from her boyfriend, but Hans heard her and blew a kiss to her which made Anna angry.

"I dont even know him girls but I hate him." Astrid replied. Hans received the snap and almost gracefully stepped out of the way of defender's as they bull rushed him, even making the mighty Kristoff miss. Then he threw the ball on a dart right down the middle, catching the ball was one of his receivers who was uncovered by the secondary. Running last everyone before the noticed giving Hans a 80 yard touchdown. 

Hans raised his hands signalling his score and pumped his fist in pride and jogged to the sideline. The defense was angered by there performance and came off. "Dammit!!!!!" Kristoff said as he slammed his helmet next to him on the bench. "Damn caught onto our Blitz"  Sully responded somewhat calm.  "It's alright guys we got this just stick together and don't lose your cool." Hiccup intervenes between the two captains on the defense calming them down.

Not soon after Hiccup was now on the field since the ball was kicked out of bounds giving the team field position of 20 yards till the end zone. "Alright guys let's play shotgun run base option Y." Hiccup told his team's as the play. Hiccups team lined up in there spots waiting for HICCUPS order. "Raedy !!!! Set!! Hike!!!" Hiccup yelled being snapped the ball from Fishlegs, defender's almost instantly rushed him but Hiccup picked it up and ran to the right.

But almost like the last play for his opponents he saw a receiver open down field, but he was being pursued to quickly he had to ether run with it or throw it. Hiccup decided to run with it as he saw defender become to close.

Hiccup dodged the man's massive body who flew by him now giving Hiccup now open ground he ran, running with all his might Hiccup ran down the middle of the field being chased. Only one man was unblocked by his offense he was coming in quick but Hiccup was timing it as the corner threw his body to him he spinner to the right making him miss freeing his route to the touchdown.

The games was on and now both teams were on edge knowing that this game means alot. Hans vs Hiccup in the game of highlight style plays. Next drive for Hans team was to easy and they scored after one kick off return. Next play with second quarter John fumbled the ball after the lick giving the ball to Hans team on the 50 yard line. It looked dark for our heros..... Will they win????

To be continued....