New Home New Lies

Edited 💯

Kaylee POV

Being home didn't make me feel any different. Like some people, coming home is relaxing and they have fun with their family or others come home and just chill with their family, but I'm constantly told this and that and what not to say and how I say things and get her to get him. I can never get a break. I'm the real mom in this house.

After walking into my home I could see the light was on in my mother's office. Toys were scattered all over the floor in the living room but I didn't see Alex anywhere or Lilly. I went into the kitchen to get me something to drink.

After closing the fridge I turned around to put the water bottle down on the counter but before I could Alex was right behind me.

"Holy shit! Alexander" I said holding my hand on my chest in surprise.

"Ha, I got chu," he said while he jumped up and down.

I drank some of my water and set it back down on the counter. I squatted down to Alex. I picked him up and put him on my side.

"So, where is your sissy and has mom fed you?" I said while walking towards the living room. I sat him down on the couch.

"She sick," my baby brother said after he started back playing with his blocks. Before leaving to check on Lilly I asked another question.

"Did mom feed you and sissy?" I asked very concernedly. Mom was known to forget to feed her own children or just not feed them at all.

"No," he said still playing with his toys. I let Alex continue to play with his toys as I went to go take my things upstairs to my room. Before I got to my room I heard whimpering coming from Lilly's room. I looked through the crack of her door and she was moving in her bed and crying.

I walked towards her bed and sat down beside her. I could see she had been sweating and crying. I took a hold of her and started to caress her head to and sing to her to calm her down.

Feeling like I'm breathing my last breath
Feeling like I'm walking my last steps
Look at all of these tears I've wept
Look at all the promises that I've kept

She slowly started to calm down she was still crying but she stopped moving around. "I'm here no one is going to hurt you," I said before continuing to sing.

I put my heart into your hands
Here's my soul to keep
I let you in with all that I can
You're not hard to reach
And you bless me with the best gift
That I've ever known
You give me purpose
Yeah, you've given me purpose

Thinking my journey's come to an end
Sending out a farewell to my friends, forever peace
Ask you to forgive me for my sins, oh would you please?
I'm more than grateful for the time we spent, my spirit's at ease

I put my heart into your hands
Learn the lessons you teach
No matter when, wherever I am
You're not hard to reach
And you've given me the best gift
That I've ever known
You give me purpose every day
You give me purpose in every way

She had stopped crying and her breathing was back to normal. I was still holding her trying to figure out if I wanted to wake her to give her food. I said the last lyrics to the song and placed her back down in her bed.

Oh, you are my everything

I decided to let her keep sleeping and wake her up after I finish cooking. I went back to my room and put my things in order and went back downstairs to start cooking.

~20 Minutes Later~

I finished cooking and now I was setting the plates up for my brother and sister before I heard a Notification from my phone. I saw it was a text from Chloe

Chloe💖: Hey Kay when you coming over 😋

Me: I'll be over in like about 30 minutes I have to feed my brother and sister then I will be on my way ☺️

Chloe💖: well no rush can't wait to see you 😘

I read the message and smiled at her comment. Once I finished setting the plates I called my brother to the table.

"Alex come to eat," I said pointing at his high chair. I saw him knock his lego building over and come running towards me with his arms out ready for me to pick him up and put him in his chair.

"You're getting heavy," I said when I picked him up. He gave me a big smile. I put him in his chair and gave him his sippy cup and a baby spoon for his food.
"I'm gonna go get your sister I'll be back," I said to the much hungry 3 years old.

"Hey Lilly," I said while rubbing her to wake up.

"I fixed something to eat you need to eat," I said. She rolled over and opened her arms to gesture for me to pick her up and I did.

"You know you're getting too big for this right," I said after giving her a kiss on her head.

"KAYLEE WHERE THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN," My mother said yelling from her office.
Here we go again I thought to myself.

Well, I like what I have created in this chapter hope you do as well.