Chapter 22

Fletcher's POV

"I'm hopelessly in love, and I don't know what to do" I heard Sammy say to Jedd. No way I thought. She's in love with someone... who's in love with someone else... and is getting married soon... I tried to think who it could be as I walked back to the lounge room. I saw Gracie and Tom being all PDA with each other while looking at wedding magazines. Talk about puke... Wait... Tom's in love with Gracie, and is getting married soon. No! Sammy's in love with Tom!
"I'm going to walk Jedd out, and I'm going for a walk" Sammy said as she and Jedd walked past. I didn't have to look up at her to know she'd been crying. You could hear it in her voice; the weakness of it.
"Okay. Don't be gone long" Gracie says, smiling at her. If only you knew, Gracie. If only...
The front door shut and without thinking, I was on my feet, pulling Tom up my his collar and slamming his back against the closest wall, still holding his collar.
"Dude, what the hell?!" he yelled, confused.
"Fletcher, what are you doing?!" Jay exclaimed. I looked deadly into Tom's eyes and released him before stepping back.
"Sorry man. I wasn't thinking..." I say bashfully.
"Well why did you even do it?" Dylan asked, they were all standing now. I shrugged.
"Sammy's in love with you. I felt jealous" I said, just above a whisper. They all looked confused. "I heard her say she's in love with a guy who's already in love, and is getting married" I sighed. A minute of silence passed before they all cracked up laughing. I frowned. "What? What's so funny?" I demand.
"Fletch, she's not in love with me" Tom said. "She's in love with someone else" he calmed down, as did the others.
"Who?" jealousy waved through my body again, my hands making fists at my side.
"God Fletcher, you're so stupid! She's in love with you!" Gracie yelled, throwing her hands up.
"But, I'm not engaged. Nor am I in love with someone else" I point out.
She sighed. "Man, we told her about your engagement with Sienna, but didn't bring it up that you called it off" Jay stepped in. My whole body went tingly. Sammy was in love... with me. After all this time... it was me.
"Oh" was all I could manage to say.