2

Melissa
"Girl take that hat off." My mama, Tamela, said trying to take my hat off.
"Nooo mommy stop." I said laughing trying to hold it down.
"Tammy leave that girl alone and go in the back and get me some more bottles of shampoo..please thank you." My nana, Angela, said
I stuck my tongue out at her as she jumped at me and I laughed continuing to spin in the chair.
"So Lissa when you seen my boy?"
"Last night when he came over eating up all my food and breathing all my good air."
"Haha tell my boy to come visit me sometime I ain't seen him since two years ago."
"Yes ma'am I'll tell him." I said looking down at my phone checking my notifications.
"Well hey ms. Thang." I said to my little sister Miracle.
"Heyyyy boo." She said running to me to hug me.
"How's school been going?"
"Good, you know this is my last year."
"I knooow which means Keith & I have to plan you a big graduation party."
"Yassss y'all do, so tell Keith get on that right now because you know how slow he can be when it comes to doing things on time."
"Haha alright I'll let him know." "Alright nanny, mama & Mir I'll see y'all later I gotta go handle some business."
"Alright be careful baby." My nana and mom both said.
"Yes ma'am I will."
"Hey can you bring me back some peach rings? Please and thank you."
"Who said I was coming back here?"
"But you coming over to the house tonight right? Okay then buy and bring my candy." She said blowing me a kiss.
"Ugh lil ugly girl, you got some peach rings money?"
"Nah but you do big dawg."
"You better be going to the back to get my money." I yelled towards the back
"Guh I just said you got me."
"No I don't mama tell your daughter to give me my money or she ain't getting no candy."
"Just go get the candy for her Taylor I'll pay you back." She said calling me by my middle name.
"Nah you good mama I want MIRACLE to pay me back." I said loudly so Miracle could hear me.
"Girl shut up mama just said she'll pay you back take the money and shut up." I chucked boy that little girl is lucky.
"Mama did me and Tanisha act like this?" My mama asked nana
"Nah you and Nisha actually fought these girls just argue a lot."
"See y'all I get going."
"Alright baby love you."
"Love y'all too."
~~~~~
"Thank you for coming to Footlocker come again."
"Look at behhhfrannn workinggg." I said being extra loud
"Aw lawd who done let you in here." Keith said playful rolling his eyes.
"Me, myself & I that's all I got in the endddd that's what I found out and ain't no need to cry I took vow and for now on imma be my own best friend."
"Really." He straight faced me
"Haha yes you know Bey is my girl I love her. Aye you on your break yet?"
"Yeah let's go, aye B I'm about to go on my break come hold it down."
Brian came out the back "heyyyyy Ashlyyyyy."
"Hey Brian." She said laughing at the face he made
"Aye bring me back some wings extra hot with a Dr Pepper."
"Man I ain't bringing you back nothing, you better wait until you get off."
He smacked his lips "Ashly?"
"Sorry boo I'm broke and Keith is paying for mine."
"Well tell his ole peanut head to pay for mine."
"No means no dude. I'll bring you back a bone."
"Boy I don't want no bone." Brian said
Ashly and Keith walked out of Footlocker and went towards the food court, once they arrived they went to American Deli.
"Hey Keith"
"Wassup?" He asked as he scrolled through his phone
"Who's that new guy working with y'all?"
"Which one? We just added on two."
"Not Ced I know him, that's my lil friend, I'm talking bout the other one."
Keith sat there for a minute thinking about who she was talking about.
"Ohhh you mean Rod?"
"Yeah him, he gotta-"
"Ashly I'm not putting you on with him forget it."
"Keith you didn't even let me finish my sentence."
"I didn't have to every time you ask me about somebody you wanna get with them. You did that with Delante, Rashad, Andre."
"Uh uh Andre was a fuck boy so of course I didn't give him a chance and Rashad was a friend."
"Anyyyyyway you do this all the time and I'm not helping this time."
"Pleaseeee Ty Ty I wuv wuo worever." I said in my baby voice
"No don't you dare give me the puppy dog eyes."
I did the puppy dog eyes.
"Alright alright alright I'll talk to him."
"Yayyyy thank you Keith I love you always & forever."
"Yeah yeah whatever. Aye there he go right there. Aye Rodney!" Keith yelled towards him and when he looked over he waved him over towards us.
"Wassup Keith?" They dapped each other
"Nothing much man what's going on?"
"Nothing just chilling, you off work?"
"Nah man lunch bre-" Melissa coughed and cleared her throat.
"Rodney this is desperate desperate this is Rodney." Keith said nonchalant eating some fries.
"Uh, hi Rodney you have to excuse this clown over here he was dropped on his head when he was a baby, my name is Melissa." She said sticking her hand out to shake his.
"Oh wassup baby." He said smiling shaking his hand.
Melissa blushed while Keith rolled his eyes. "Aye man I'm having a lil kick back this Saturday, you gon slide through?"
"Oh yeah man fa sho, what time?"
"You can come around 8 or 8:30."
"Aight, you will be there pretty lady."
Melissa blushed "yes sir I will."
"Aight well when I see you I'm expecting a dance." He said biting his lip.
"And you'll get one." She said smirking
After breaking away from their daze Rodney said his goodbyes and walked to Footlocker to clock in.
"You want a sip of my Pepsi?"
"Nah why?" She asked confused
"Because you look like you need something to quench your thirst." Keith said laughing clapping his hands together.
"Shut up." Melissa threw a fry at him.
"Hey I'm just trying to help you out." Keith said after his laughter died down.
They finished up their food and walked back to Footlocker.
"What time you get off?" Melissa asked Keith as he straightened up some shoes.
"9:30 probably won't make it to the house until 9:50 or 10, why wassup?"
"Nothing I was just asking."
"You know I ain't going home, right?" Keith semi yelled to Melissa so she could hear him as she was about to leave.
"Well where you going?"
"To yo house like always duh."
"Nooo Keith no you're not."
"Haha yes I am. My clothes are already over there and your house is a straight shot once I leave work."
"Ugh I hate I asked you what time you get off." She rolled her eyes.
"I was gon come over there anyways sooo."
"You have a two weeks eviction notice I don't have no cash in my hand you don't have no bed for yo ahh."
"I'll just sleep in yours then. Your bed is more comfortable anyway."
She stared at him for a moment before she spoke, "You will not be sleeping in my bed Powers."
"Bye Meme aka Ashley aka Tay tay!!!" He childishly yelled while waving like a little kid
"Ugh shut up Powers."
"Bye Lissa." Brian said
"Bye Briannn." She said waving.
••••