45

Keith
Keith just go in there and tell her what happened the other day cannot happen again. Tell her that day was a mistake, you were just frustrated and needed to release it someway. If she asks why, be straight up and say you got a family on the way and you can't ruin that or you guys friendship.

I nodded my head as to say that I was going to do this but then I chickened out when I looked at my lock screen of Ashly and I on my little cousin's trampoline.

I shook my head and reversed out of her driveway and headed to meet the guys at the bowling alley.

"Ayeeee look who finally decide to come get kicked in bowling."

Algee yelled out as I walked up to them. I slapped hands with everyone and said wassup.

"I ain't come to bowl today y'all. I came here for some advice."

"For what? It ain't like you're going to listen to us anyway."

"Okay well I came here to vent."

"About what?"

"Well first things first, who wants to be a God daddy?"

The guys looked at each other then at me.

"Hold on, what?" Algee asked as his eyes got wide.

"Y'all sister Ashly about to give me a child."

"Are you for sure that she's pregnant? It could just be that time of the month."

"I'm for sure Elijah. My momma had three kids after me, I can tell when a woman is pregnant."

"Congrats to you and lil sis. Now what's the other problem?"

I put my head down and sighed.

"Renee."

"Ah, don't say no more." Woody said as he held his finger up.

"I already know where you going with this. You smashed her didn't you?"

I took a deep breath before I spoke.

"See what had happened was-"

The guys cut me off by yelling and shaking their heads while I shook mine.

"Damn Keith! I thought you were smarter than that?"

"I knew it, I knew it, I knew it. I knew shawty had a motive."

"It wasn't even her fault Woody. I'm the one that came on to her."

"What?"

"I went to the gym, she was at the gym, I had just got into this argument with Ashly and I was frustrated. She suggested that I tried some yoga with her to release my stress, I tried it, we're staring into each other's eyes and next thing I know I'm doing 80 in a 60 to her spot, we rushed into her house. Didn't make it to the bed and we're on the floor."

They all looked and stayed silent except for Elijah.

"I hope your dumb ass has carpet burn. I hope you have carpet burn on your knees, on your hands, on your back and on your ass. I just hope you're all carpet burned up."

"I am so serious, Elijah."

"I am too. I hope you suffer with carpet burn for your mistakes."

"Keith, why did you do it?"

"I don't know man, I don't know man."

"You have to tell Ashly."

"He can't. He can't do that because he hasn't even told her about the lunch dates they've been on and the pictures which are all over social media."

I lifted up my head and looked at Woody.

"You know fans screenshot and post everything."

"And knowing them they're going to tag her in it." I replied defeatedly.

"Keith you gotta do better bro. Especially if y'all bringing another life into this world."

I nodded my head at Luke and told them I heard them.

After talking to the guys I went back over to Renee's house and this time I didn't chicken out. I went up to her door and I knocked on it.

"Hey Keith, what are you doing here?"

"We need to talk. May I come in?"

"Yeah." She opened the door wider and let me in.

"Can I get you something to drink?"

"Nah I'm good."

She sat down on the couch opposite from me.

I inhaled then exhaled before I said what I said to say.

"We've been friends for three years and we have a great friendship. Being friends is the right thing for us."

"I know, I was thinking the same thing."

"Good. So you understand when I say what happened the other day shouldn't have happened and it shall not happen again."

She took a moment before she responded but when she did, she nodded her head and gave me a smile.

"You're right, you're exactly right. We have a good friendship and we shouldn't want to mess that up."

"We cool?"

"Yes, of course!" She leaned in and gave me a hug and then walked me to the door so I could leave.

"I'll talk to you later Renee."

"Alright."

Omniscient
Renee leaned up against the door and bit her lip to keep from letting the tears fall. Hearing him say that them having sex shouldn't never happened and would not happen again broke her heart completely. After spending so much time with him she started to fall for him again like she did when they were in school together.

When she first came out here she honestly did come out here just to see an old friend and catch up but after having lunch together, singing karaoke together, and just hanging out like old times her old feelings came back. And when they had slept together she felt like that was the seal to the deal but it wasn't. It wasn't anything but sex. Something that shouldn't happened in the first place.

Her friends tried to warn her to not fall back into her old feelings but she didn't listen. She had this feeling in her heart that she was going to date Keith but that feeling was wrong because he was already taken by someone else.

She cleared her face from all tears and then went into her room to call her friends and tell them they were right.

••••