57

Omniscient
"Keith?" Ashly questioned and stood up.

Keith gave her a head nod and stood against the wall with his hands in his pockets.

"See this is why I didn't tell anyone where I was. This is why I only called once a week. He is the reason. Did you follow my family? Did you guys tell him where I was?"

"Ashly sit down and calm down."

"No granddad I can't. The reason I left is because of him and yet here he is in my face like nothing happened. I need answers."

"I called him and told him to come here." Patrick spoke up coming from his bedroom.

"You what?" Ashly looked at him.

"I called him and told him to come."

"Why would you do that?"

"Don't do that Ashly. You know why."

"Yo-"

"Well we don't know why. So can you tell us why?" Miracle asked.

Pat looked over at her then back at Ashly.

"I didn't have to tell him anything and you shouldn't have told him anything. It is none of his concern."

"Ashly I know you dislike me right now, but don't do that. I have every right to know what happened."

"Dislike is not even the word to describe how I feel right now, hate is more like it. And ever since you cheated, lied and embarrassed me you have no right to know anything about me."

"Melissa I don't want to say this, but you're about to make me say it."

"Say it Patrick! Say it!"

Tired of hearing her grandkids going back and forth, Angela stood up and stood in the middle of them.

"Ashly get over on the couch with your momma and sister."

"Grandma I-"

"Girl don't you dare test me. I said get over there and I mean right now."

Ashly sighed and walked over to the couch and sat down.

"Now you two, start talking."

"What you wanna know first?" Keith asked as he stood up straight.

"Oh I don't know, how bout the reason why my granddaughter came here in the first place?" She asked sternly.

Keith gulped and looked over to the side.

"To make a long story, I did and said some things I'm not proud of, but I'm here to make the situation right. I made a mistake and as a man I own up to that."

"Bull sh*t." Miracle and Ashly mumbled under their breaths making their parents and grandparents look at them.

"Y'all keep on." Angela pointed towards them then turned back around to Pat and Keith.

"You've known me for years Keith."

"Yes ma'am."

"So therefore you already know my lecture which means I don't have to give it to you again."

"No ma'am you don't."

She smiled and walked up towards him and grabbed his ear.

"Whatever problems you and my baby have you better work it out and get it together. You understand me?"

"Y-ye-"

"I don't hear you."

"Yes ma'am."

She let his ear go and looked from Patrick to Ashly.