50

Keith
"Please Miracle please."

"No, no, no and no."

"Miracle please I'm not trying to hold a full blown conversation with her. I just want to hear her voice."

"Then go on YouTube and search up June's Diary or Ashly Williams and watch old videos. Her voice hasn't changed."

"Miracle I'm serious."

"I am too Keith. She does not want to talk to you and I'm not about to force her to listen to you. It's bad enough she only calls once every other week."

"Miracle if I don't hear her voice I'm going to lose my mind."

"And who fault is that? You made this bed and now you have to lie in it. If you want to talk to her so bad find a way to talk to her."

I watched her walk away from the table and walk out of the restaurant. All I wanted was to hear Ashly's voice, that's it. Just hear her say 'hi' so I can know that she's fine but no one wanted to let me talk to her. I know what I did and I know it was wrong. Believe me if I could take it back, I would with no hesitation but I can't. I can't press a rewind or delete button to make it all go away.

But if they would just let me talk to her and let us work out our problem we can move past this and start fresh. That's all I want and that's all I need.

I paid for my lunch and then walked out to my truck. Before I started it up and begin to leave I sat there for a minute and called up Ashly, hoping and praying to at least hear her say hello.

The phone rung once...twice...three times...after the fourth ring I sat up in my seat and I started to get a little excited because usually after the first ring it goes to straight to the voicemail. It continued to ring then it stopped ringing. Next thing I know the call connected and I heard breathing. I sat up in my seat and took the phone from my ear just to see if I called the right person and I did. Before I could fully get the word "hello" out I quickly heard the beep beep noise indicating she hung up. I took my phone down from my ear and shook my head, bit my lip and started up my car to go home.

I wasn't about to just give up yet. I needed to hear her voice. And I was going to do everything in my power to make sure I heard it.

______
Omniscient
"Why did you answer my phone? Who told you to answer my phone Patrick? No forget that, why did you turn my phone on? It was off for a reason!"

"Okay first of all I need you to calm down. You're at a ten and I need you to bring it down to a negative one."

"Patrick you have literally five seconds to answer my questions or else ima be at a thousand and I'm going to snap your neck."

Patrick held his mouth, bucked his eyes and held the side of his neck with his right. He held his left hand out and nodded his head telling Ashly okay and just chill.

"Pat I'm not playing with you!" She gritted out as she slapped his hand down.

"Ow! I hope you know you slap hard." He rubbed his hand.

"You were in the bathroom and while I was trying to send the pictures we took the other night to my phone, he called. Y'all date and Keith and I are cool, that's my bro so I answered the phone. What's the big deal?"

She took a seat in a nearby chair and scoffed.

"You don't know?"