27

Omniscient
Today was Keith's birthday and Ashly and the girls were just now getting off of their flight headed to their rides.

"Hey Ash what time is Keith's get together?"

"I'm not sure mama Jen is supposed to be letting me know and when she does I'll send out a group text and let y'all know."

"Alright girl be safe."

"Same to y'all."

Ashly walks to her car thinking she's about to greet her mother until she opens the passenger door and finds Miracle in the driver's seat.

"Hey boo how was your flight?" She cheerfully greeted and asked.

"It was fine now what are you doing in my car..in the driver's seat?"

"To pick you up duh."

"Mama let you drive here alone?"

"Yes...well I begged her until she said yes. Look I know you still thinking about the time I crashed into Mr. Campbell's mailbox but that was one time and I have gotten better now and plus it wasn't even my fault a squirrel ran out in front of me."

Ashly was about to respond but she stopped herself and shook her head.

"If I feel a bump in any road Miracle I'm putting the car in reverse, snatching the keys out and we switching seats."

"I love you to Melly." She blew kisses at her sister as she got and buckled up.

"What did you text Keith this morning?"

"What you mean?"

"I called him on FaceTime at 12 to tell him happy birthday he was all dry and sad looking and I asked him what was wrong and his response was nothing then he mumbled and said your sister don't care about me and then he looked like Red off of Friday when he ran and cried in his car."

"I didn't do anything." Ashly replied in between laughs. "I just told a small white fib and got him thinking I won't be in town for his birthday."

"You know you wrong." Miracle shook her head.

"I know but trust me the surprises I have for him will make up for them. Mama Jen told y'all what time his party will start?"

"Yeah she said around 2 or 3 but knowing mama she's going to be there at 12 or better yet 11:30."

Ashly agreed with her sister as she sent a text to the girls and they pulled up to the house.

*
"Keith what's wrong with you?"

"Ashly don't care about me." He pouted and then sulked in his seat.

"What you talking about baby? Of course she cares about you."

Keith handed his phone to his mom so she could read the message Ashly sent.

Happy Birthday 🎉🎊🎈🎁🎂

"Well look at the bright side baby she told you happy birthday."

"But as her boyfriend I'm not supposed to get a dry message like that especially since it's my birthday."

"Aw honey maybe that's all she could type at the moment she was probably busy."

"No matter what you said mama nothing can excuse this dry message nothing at all." He sighed heavily before he spoke again. "I've just came to the conclusion that Ashly no longer cares about me any more and our relationship is officially on the rocks better yet on the edge of a cliff holding on for dear life."