67

Omniscient
"Hello."

Ashly greeted as she knocked on Dr. Parker's office.

"Hey Ashly. I didn't know you were coming today. I thought we were done with your sessions?"

"We are but I um really needed to come here and vent. Is today a bad or busy day for you? I can schedule an appointment if it is."

"Oh no, I'm actually free today."

She nodded her head and mumbled a great as she sat down in front of her. Dr. Parker took her notepad out along with a pen.

"Alright. What's on your mind today?"

Ashly inhaled deeply then took her time as she exhaled.

"This past weekend I went my friend girls and some more mutual friends. While I was there I saw him."

"Him as in?"

"Yes, Keith."

"Okay. How did you feel after seeing him?"

"I felt the same way I felt ever since I started coming here. Peaceful, calm and happy to see an old friend."

"Okay-"

"But... he wasn't alone. He came there with his current girlfriend, Renae."

"Is this the same Renae or a different one?"

"Yes, this is the same one."

"How did this particular situation make you feel?"

She gave a slight chuckle before responding and wiped away some tears she didn't even know were coming down.

"How did I feel?" She chuckled again, "Doc I honestly felt hurt...betrayed..felt like my feelings didn't matter. I don't care if we broke up. I don't care how many days, weeks or even months you've waited to date her. At the end of the day she is still the same female you cheated on me with. She is still the same female you wanted to have a baby by. And she is the female you had a baby by."

At this time the tears were coming down so quick she couldn't stop them.

"Oh my gosh, I am so tired of crying! Especially over this same situation."

"I know sweetie. I know you are." Dr. Parker walked over to her and consoled her.

"But if you don't get it out now, you are going to be crying forever and this situation is going to be bothering you forever. So let it out and let it out now."

And that's what she did. She cried some more and even yelled, but once she fully did that she felt so much better afterwards. There was a weight lifted off of her shoulders. She was genuinely happy before but now she is beyond genuinely happy, if that's even possible.

After gathering herself together, she gather her things, gave Parker a hug and thanked her for her time. Before she could step fully out of the door Dr. Parker.

"You got yourself together and let everything out so I have to ask, is it possible for you to be friends with Keith and can you accept the fact that him and Renae are indeed together and have a family now?"

Ashly shifted her weight to the right side as she twisted her lips to the side then she exhaled deeply.

"Be friends with Keith? Yes, I told him that we could be friends. Accept that they are together? Yes & no. Yes, because I have no other choice and no, because the wound isn't fully closed and the love we have-well had doesn't just go away that easily. Even if it has been two months, but I like I said I'll learn to deal with it."