6

Omniscient
"Good morning sleepy head." Mel said as I started stretching.
"Good morning what you doing up so early?"
"Got hungry and I decided to cook us some breakfast." She told me as I walked to my bathroom to do my daily hygiene.
"Hey Mel can I ask you a question?" I asked her as I walked out the bathroom with my hands in my sweat pockets.
"You just asked me one but sure." She chuckled
"Now you know Rodney is my boy, I've been knowing ever since two years ago when he started working at Footlocker and you're my best friend I would do anything to protect you, my question is does Rodney put his hands on you?"
Melissa had her head down on her phone and when Keith asked that question her head slowly raised up and her eyes got wide.
"What made you ask that question?"
"Don't worry about it just answer the question yes or no?"
"No I'm going to worry about it because that's how rumors get started Keith! Rodney does not put his hands on me HE LOVES ME! And he wouldn't do anything to hurt me. So whatever got you thinking he does, you might as well get it out of your mind because he doesn't."
Keith stood against the wall licking his lips with a sympathetic look on his face.
"Mel I'm not trying to start any drama I'm just trying to look out for a friend. I don't want to see you hurt." He said walking over to her and hugging her.
"I know Keith I know and I'm sorry for yelling at you." She hugged him back.
"You good it's water under the bridge."
After they settled their problems out they went downstairs and ate breakfast then Keith drove her home.
"Aight call me when you get to where you going ugly." She said getting out of the car.
"Aight Mel I will, I'll see you later."
"Alright see you." Mel got out of his jeep and walked to her door and then Keith pulled off.
Soon as Melissa walked in the house and locked the door she was slapped down to the ground and then kicked in her sides.
"When I text your phone the first time I expect an answer right then don't have me texting your phone two & three times."
When I didn't respond right away he kicked me again.
"Did you hear me!"
"Yes." I said barely above a whisper.
"Good now go clean ya self up and don't get any blood on my floor."
He left out of the door and left Mel on the floor. She sat there for a minute and went to the bathroom to go soak in a hot bath and then take a hot shower.
She got clean pajamas to sleep in and then she started her bath.

As she started it she turned on her Destiny's Child station on Pandora and Bad Habit came on.
How many times are you going to apologize about the same thing
And how many times can I take ya back when I'm not the one that's doing wrong (I'm not the one that's doing wrong baby) I thought maybe if
I started praying then we would get better but when I pray the answer will always come back to me being dumb
But we are so hard headed when we're in love so I, I told myself that I would make some changes but the more I change there's one thing that remains the same see I can't seem to shake ya you seem to really have a hold on me
And every time that we break up and turn around & make up this can't go on now I gotta move on now it's not the fact that I don't love you no more but I gotta break this bad habit can't take this bad habit no more."

As Melissa got in the tub and soaked and listened to her music she kept getting calls after calls after calls and same thing with text messages.

The way Melissa was feeling right now she didn't want to talk to anyone so she let all her calls go to voicemail.

She got out of the tub and then took her shower and then she checked her phone.
Voicemails
Krystal: Hey girl it's Krystal, and Shy, and Gabs, and Bri,give us a call when you get a chance we need to discuss this tour we love you girlie 😘
Luke: Hey lil sis it's wolf I need you and the girls to come to the studio whenever y'all can
Mom: hey baby girl I haven't talked you to in a week what's going on? Call me when you can

Text messages
Shy☺️: Ashly! Answer your phone guh!
Keith🦁: Heh ugly I'm home now I'm about to blow up your phone and harass you 😜
Mir-Mir ✨: Hey sis don't forget I want my graduation party & ma said call us please

I would call my friends and family but I honestly just can't deal right now. My mind is a hundred different places right now and my heart ain't no better.

Ever since Rodney didn't get his dream job his loving hugs & kisses have turned into kicks, slaps & beatings. The first time he put his hands on me was two months ago and he apologized and said it will never happen again.

I guess you can say that was a lie and my foolish behind fell for.

Not only is he putting his hands on me but he's also stepping out on me. Leaving all times of the night & day. I have females calling & texting my phone even hitting me up through social media asking "where is our husband sister wife?" Like really you're really texting me and asking me this

Why am I still here & why won't I leave? Because I tried that before I was pulled back in the house and told if I ever leave my friends & family will not be able to recognize me. I honestly don't know who this guy is. This is not the guy I met at Footlocker with Keith. This is NOT the guy I started talking to at Keith's party. Who is this man that I am dating?

***

Two weeks later
Melissa
"Okay so we're going on tour with R. Kelly & Monica in a week?"
"Yes so Frank needs y'all to be ready." Ashton, one of the producers said
"Oh we're going to be ready, ain't that right girls?" Gabby asked
"Girllll you know it." We all said
"Alright well that's enough practicing for today I'll see y'all Thursday."
Ashton left out of the studio while we stayed behind. I took my jacket off and put it behind because I got out.
"OH MY GOSH!" Shyann yelled out
"What?!" I asked
"Ashly what happened to your arms?" Bri asked me
I looked at my arms and noticed the freshly new cuts on my arm that I totally forgot was on there. I shook my head and put my head down as the tears rolled down my face.
"Melissa what happened?" They all got up and gather around me as Bri had her arms wrapped around me.
"Here I am getting into a relationship that I thought was good at least it was at first and two months later I'm getting pushed around, kicked, beaten, basically physically abuse and it's only getting worst."
"Aw Ash why you didn't tell us?"
"I couldn't I was scared, I was threaten that if I told anyone they would get worst but it didn't matter if I told or not because they got worst anyway."
"Please tell me Keith knows."
"He knows but I told him it wasn't true."
"Ashly."
"I know I know but he's my friend and I didn't want to get him caught in my drama and plus he has his career to worry about."
"But Ash as your friend he's supposed to kno-"
I shook my head from side to side "uh uh nope he don't have to know anything and I want you guys to promise me that you won't say anything."
They say there and looked at each other and then off to the side.
"Promise me you guys please!" I pleaded to them.
"Okay we promise but you have to promise to tell him and tell him asap."
"I will." I said.
"And you need to leave him to."
"I will. I plan on it."
The girls eventually left the studio and headed home.
•••
-Eh I don't know if I really like this chapter but I guessssss it'll do 😕
-The girls found out about Mel & Rod, I wonder how Keith will react once he finds out
-As always vote, comment & let me know what you think