44

A week later
Omniscient
"Ashly just take it."

"No."

"Ashly you won't know unless you take the test."

"I do know because I'm not pregnant and I'm not taking the test. So Candace leave me alone before I stab you with this key."

"Ashly you've been grumpy, emotional, eating everything in sight and you can't even fit into the jeans you brought yesterday."

"I'm bloated and my cycle is on."

"No it's not. Your cycle hasn't been on for three weeks."

"Is this my body or yours?"

"See you're grumpy."

"No I'm agitated because y'all won't leave me alone."

"If you take the test, we'll leave you alone."

Ashly huffed and snatched the box out of Miracle's hand and walked into the bathroom.

"You need us to come i-"

"No!"

Miracle and Candace said okay lowly and backed away from the door.

Ashly opened the box and shook her head.

"I can't believe they actually think I'm pregnant."

She sat down and used the bathroom, flushed and washed her hands. Then she ran the test under some water. She wasn't sure if it would work but she knew for sure she wasn't going to pee on the stick for her nosy sister & cousin. Especially if she a hundred percent knew she was not pregnant.

She sat it on the counter and set her timer for thirty minutes. She leaned against the wall and let her mind just wonder about everything.

"Ash what does it say?"

"Miracle, I just peed on it. Can y'all give it time to work first?"

The thirty minutes went past and she opened the door and handed them the test as she walked out and sat on her couch.

"What does it say Candace? What does it say? Am I going to be an auntie?" Miracle eagerly asked.

"Unless you got another sibling the answer is no."

"No?!" She quickly grabbed the test out of her hand and looked at it.

"I told y'all. I know my body, inside and out."

"Well I need you to go to Keith's home and go make a baby with Keith. I want a niece or nephew. I have baby fever."

"Well have a baby yourself or there's your cousin beside you, ask her. And don't say his name in this house. I'm about to go sleep, lock up on y'all way out." She told them as she went upstairs.

Miracle smacked her lips and threw the test in the garbage can in the bathroom.

"She don't never do anything people tell her to do." She pouted as her and Candace left out of her house.

A few moments after they left, Keith came into her house. When he saw her car outside, her slides in the living room but didn't see her he knew then that she was upstairs asleep. So he did what he always did when he came over here. Raid her cabinets and fridge and made himself comfortable while finding a show or movie to watch.

Ashly turned over on her stomach when she heard the tv on downstairs. She thought Candace and Miracle was still over here so she didn't think anything of it. She just went back to sleep.

After drinking a bottle of water Keith had to go to the bathroom. He paused the show he was watching, Malcolm & Eddie and went to the bathroom. He did his business, washed his hands and used a paper towel to dry them. When he was about to put it in the trash he noticed the pregnancy test box and then the stick. He took some tissue off of the roll, furrowed his eyebrows and picked the stick up and laid it on a piece of tissue on the counter then he picked up the box.

"What tf?"

He looked from the box to the stick over and over again until something told him it was time to leave and he was going to do that until something also told him to stay and ask questions.

So he stayed and waited until she got up to ask questions. A minute of sitting there he thought Ashly was taking too long to wake up so he called her.

"Hello." She groggily answered.

"Aye, come downstairs."

"W-what?"

"Come downstairs Ashly. Now."

She huffed into the phone and lazily got up and walked down the stairs.

"What are you doing here?"

She asked as she stretched and yawned.

She walked to the couch to sit down but when she saw what was on the table she froze.

"Why do you have that?"

"I should be asking you that question. You got something you want to tell me?"

"If you know how to read then I'm pretty sure you can figure it out yourself."

"It's kind of hard to do that when one second it shows pregnant and then the next second it shows not in front of it."

Ashly rushed to his side and picked up the test and sure enough it said it.

"Well like I told Candace and Miracle I know my body inside and out and you can't get pregnant when you're on the pill and you strap up."

"You skipped a couple of days on that pill and just because you strap up doesn't mean you're always a hundred percent protected so you can shoot that to someone who don't know no better." He stood up and looked at her.

Ashly looked off to the side then back at him.

"Like I said I know my body."

"And I know it to. Either you make an appointment or I'll make one for you. Your choice."

As he walked passed her he placed his hand on her stomach while looking down at her then he left.

Ashly didn't care what anyone said, she knew for a fact she was not pregnant and she was not going to let anyone tell her anything different. She also was not going to make an appointment just to waste those doctors time and energy when she already knew the answer.

This was not the right time to have kids and she was simply not ready so she was convincing herself that she wasn't pregnant. No matter what anyone else said.

•••