23

Ashly
Today was Sunday and my favorite show in the whole entire world was coming on today, A Different World. They were showing episodes of season two & three on TV1 from 7 this morning until 3 and I was very excited because I haven't been able to watch it like I want to since they took it off of Netflix.

I had all my snacks & drinks I needed, I had my blanket to throw over me so I could move from my recliner to the couch and lay down on and my doors & windows were locked and closed.

When ADW is on no one has my undivided attention except the people who attend & work at Hillman College.

I was about to watch the 7:00 episode because I went to church with my mom and I missed it so I was about to watch the recording. As soon as I pressed select on play and picked up my cup of grapes the front door opened and in walked my annoying but lovely & handsome boyfriend.

I tried so hard to ignore him and continued to watch ADW but his voice was still being heard, I even tried to turn the volume up to 90 but I still heard him talking to me.

He walked in and slapped my legs when he sat down beside me.

"What's wrong with you?" He asked

"Take a look around and take a wild guess."

He looked at me, on the tables and then at the tv screen and his mouth formed an o.

"Ohhh dang babe I forgot they were showing A Different World today and this was the day you have your me time from 7 to 3."

I nodded my head and said mhm.

"Dang babe I'm sorry." He said again while running his hand over his head and his lips twisted to the side a little bit.

I was about to press play until he looked over at me and asked me a question.

"Can your me time day turn into an us time today, please? I like Kim & Freddie and sometimes Whitley too." He asked me with a pout on his face.

I smirked and playful rolled my eyes and lifted the blanket up a little bit.

"Come on over here big baby." He started smiling from ear to ear and kicked his shoes and laid on me while watched ADW together.

"What season & episode is this?"

"Season 3 and It's the episode when Jaleesa and Walter thought they were going to get married but they decided they wasn't ready and Dwayne asks Whitley on a date."

"Oh okay."

*
"Whitley straight played my boy she know she want Dwayne."

"Yeah she probably does but she can't just get with him because all of sudden he likes her now I mean he was liking Denise at first for a very very very long time."

"And Denise moved on which is something he's trying to do but Whitley playing."

The next episode was coming on and I was humming along to the theme song when Keith called my name.

"Yes babe?"

"I love you."

"I love you too my light skin Dwayne Wayne."

"I'm calling the cable people and telling them to take TV1 off of here because you always say that every time you watch ADW."

I gasped and held my hand over my chest.

"If you do that I know for sure we'll break up you know ADW is my life and quit playing you're supposed to say it back."

He huffed and laid back down and said it.

"I love you too Ashly."

"You're not going to say WG?" I asked trying not to laugh because I knew what his answer would be.

"It's Sunday so I'm not even going to say what I usually say so I'm just going to use a substitute." He cleared his throat and raised up.

"Your mama named you Ashly so I'm calling you Ashly."

"Actually she named me Melissa my middle name is Ashly." I said in between giggles as he tickled my sides.

He finally stopped after I begged, pleaded and snorted like a pig which just made his day because he had tears in his eyes.

He leaned over me and poked his lips out. "Give me a kiss."

I mushed his face back and continued to watch ADW until he grabbed my ankles and pulled me to him onto his lap.

"Keithhh."

"Give me a kiss."

"You didn't ask the first time and you didn't ask just then so what you think?"

"I think that's a yes."

He leaned down but I put my hand over his lips and turned my head towards the tv.

"Ewww Keith you nasty. Get on my nerves." I leaned over to get a napkin and wiped my hand on it.

"That could've been your lips I licked on but you playing giving me the hand."

I mugged him and huffed.

"If I give you a kiss will you leave me and can we continue to watch ADW?"

"Watch ADW? Yes we can do that all day long. Leave you alone? Nah it wouldn't be right and I wouldn't be doing my job as your boyfriend."

"If I would've known before that you were this annoying I would've never dated you."

"You did know you just forgot all about it when you saw how sexy I looked and how good of an actor I am."

"You are a good actor but I wouldn't say sexy, I like the word handsome much better."

"You do?"

"Mhmm."

"Well can your handsome man get a kiss?"

I pretended like I was deep in thought before I gave him my answer.

"Yeah I think I got some kisses to give him."

•••
-Good to see them doing good

-I was Ashly Sunday when A Different World came on.
I was so excited to watch it because I haven't been able to see it like I want to (they don't have it on Netflix like they used to and when they did my subscription ended and when I watched it on this free website I couldn't see all the episodes because they kept buffering) and thank God I recorded it because I kept getting interrupted every time I tried to watch it.

-They did a spin off for That's So Raven and Full House I would love if they did one for A Different World that would seriously seriously make me so happy.

-Or since that's Woody's favorite show he should do a skit for it. I need to hit up Woody's DMs because there's a loooot of shows & movies I want him to do a skit of.

-I know this sounds crazy and probably a lot of girls have said this but after watching ADW I wanna Dwayne Wayne 😩😭

-Last little side note, congratulations to the guys on all of their projects that they are and were working on. Woody with his comedy projects that he has with Kevin, Algee with his ep and the Detroit movie with Jacob, Nathan, Peyton, Joseph, Jason & Leon, Luke & Leon being on Insecure, Luke & Elijah will be on Star, Keith with Famous in Love having a second season & he has Reality High coming out soon and let's not forget about Yazz and his family coming back on our tv screens real soon. I love how they support each other when they have different projects they're working on it really warms my heart. And also my number one baby/fave August Alsina on tour and album coming soon. 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾 I am honestly so proud of this black boy joy or excuse black MEN joy. They are showing up and showing out and I am proud of them and love them oh so much. They are showing out and I LOVE IT!!! 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾