#66

the four boys went to a local theater. it was suggested by kihyun who apparently took interest in things like that and found it as a good idea for a date.

it took them some time to decide what play they wanted to watch and they ended up randomly choosing one that wouldn't begin for the next two and a half hours. they chose it only because the title was eye-catching. didn't even know what the genre was.

they went to a really good nearby restaurant to have dinner before the play, unlike they had planned. they thought that they'd go to the play first and then eat but it didn't actually matter that much. "the order isn't important as long as we're not hungry in the end," changkyun said.

kihyun was looking at a brochure of the play they were going to watch that he had taken from the theater.

"so, we're going to watch a comedy," kihyun announced. "the plot looks pretty neat."

changkyun leaned in to read it, too. the two were discussing the play for a while.

hyungwon and wonho were sitting in silence on the other side of the table, eating their food and following what the others were talking about.

"can i have the brochure?" wonho asked. kihyun handed it to him right after.

the rest of their dinner was spent in the four boys talking about the play and stories of when they went on plays before.

turned out that changkyun had only embarrassing stories to tell. his life was like a chain of unfortunate events. most of which caused because of minhyuk.

wonho was talking with kihyun and changkyun, but not with hyungwon. he never really turned to face him either. it made hyungwon realize just how angry he was.

when they were done they headed back to the theater.

"the tickets are with you, right?" kihyun turned to hyungwon.

"yes," hyungwon answered confidently. "they must be since you gave them to me..." he put his hand inside the pocket of his jacket to take out the tickets. he slowly looked up at the others with a blank expression as he realized his pocket was empty.

"don't tell me..." the pink haired male shook his head in disappointment. "hyungwon​, you had one job."

"didn't you put them in your back pocket?" wonho asked. he grabbed hyungwon's arm, making him turn around, so he could take out the tickets that were peeking from the boy's pocket.

kihyun could only be glad that wonho was observant enough to notice it.

they were seated on one of the balconies at the very back. just then they could see how huge the hall was.

"do you think we will be able to see well from here?" changkyun asked.

"of course we will," kihyun assured.

"i've heard that the sound system is also quite good," hyungwon added.

for some reason hyungwon's response made wonho happy. he didn't know why exactly. maybe because there was this small glimpse of excitement in his voice. or because he cared enough to remember a detail like that.

he looked at the hazelnut haired boy with the corner of his eye, a subtle smile curved on his lips.